Where to buy Wild Caught Chams?

Mmcbain1

This thread is not intended to be a discussion of whether or not I should purchase a WC chameleon there are pleanty of threads that discuss the benifits and drawbacks of this. What I want to know is WHERE can I find WC chameleons, any information good or bad please! I really want to find some Tamatave's, and other panthers from a solid blood line. :D

If you live around Deerfield vocalist area there is a place called underground reptiles that sells wild caught Jackson's and others and I got mine there and he is already tame after like 3 weeks look the up at undergroundreptiles.com

This thread is not intended to be a discussion of whether or not I should purchase a WC chameleon there are pleanty of threads that discuss the benifits and drawbacks of this. What I want to know is WHERE can I find WC chameleons, any information good or bad please! I really want to find some Tamatave's, and other panthers from a solid blood line. :D

chameleons canada is the place for wc imo as edgar brings in some of the nicest and heathiest chams i have seen and he is great to deal with and a sponser so very easy to contact lol hope this helps you in your searc im not sure bout the tamatave but i also would like a pair of the tmataves aswell they are just beautiful

If you live around Deerfield vocalist area there is a place called underground reptiles that sells wild caught Jackson's and others and I got mine there and he is already tame after like 3 weeks look the up at undergroundreptiles.com

I live in Fort lauderdale so deerfield is close I will check them out. I know most places dont carry what I want so Ill have to special order and make arangments to get them ASAP so there not sitting anywhere. WC chams I like to get them in a good set up right away! so they can adjust.

your looking for special orders lol i have not heard of either at all beeing mentioned even i wish you luck though it will be a frustrating search im sure lol

i know its not the best idea but alot of your local pet stores if they have chameleons are mustly WC seems to be the case. they are also most of the time in need of a good rescue so could be a win win. there are some really nice WC in my area of FL in the locals pet stores. all though i do not support what they do (more i hate the lack of understanding they have) it might not be a bad idea to take a look.

In my case, Im looking for a good cb oustalet or a wc oustalet, not from Florida. Im not looking for a specific type of panther like you mentioned. I just feel like there is a big difference from Florida wc and import wc for my needs. My main concerns are inbreeding and i believe there may be a lot of that with the Florida caught chameleons, more so than a wc import. Its tough with the cites restrictions, but not impossible...

In my case, Im looking for a good cb oustalet or a wc oustalet, not from Florida. Im not looking for a specific type of panther like you mentioned. I just feel like there is a big difference from Florida wc and import wc for my needs. My main concerns are inbreeding and i believe there may be a lot of that with the Florida caught chameleons, more so than a wc import. Its tough with the cites restrictions, but not impossible...

I could offer you WC oustelets but they are all from florida. and i agree imbreeding must be present since the whole colony started from only a few that got let go!

Check out kingsnake if your willing to take the risk

I am willing to take the risk but they dont have very much. Is there a place you can go and say hey I want this and this here is a deposit whenever you can get it call me? so far all the places just tell me no!

Its unlikely that someone will import one or two chameleons for you (unless you want to pay a huge amount of money for it.) You will either have to find someone who has the locale you want, wait for an import of the locale you want, or ask an importer if you can do a joint import and get quite a few of the locale you want (and end up paying for them and selling them as well.)

Aside from thise options, kingsnake is where I would look and talk to some big panther breeders if they know of anyone who will be importing soon. There are a couple of clutches of tamataves that are F1 that have hatch in the last year, so that might be an option for you. Several different bloodlines are around and many are already or just reaching breeding age.

Its unlikely that someone will import one or two chameleons for you (unless you want to pay a huge amount of money for it.) You will either have to find someone who has the locale you want, wait for an import of the locale you want, or ask an importer if you can do a joint import and get quite a few of the locale you want (and end up paying for them and selling them as well.)

Aside from thise options, kingsnake is where I would look and talk to some big panther breeders if they know of anyone who will be importing soon. There are a couple of clutches of tamataves that are F1 that have hatch in the last year, so that might be an option for you. Several different bloodlines are around and many are already or just reaching breeding age.

Who has tamataves?

I'm not sure who exactly, but they are in the classifieds from time to time. Ask around. There are quite a few people from the last import.

Back
Top Bottom