Where to buy Heating Tape???

BMXICAN

Hello,
I have searched through quite a few posts for a few days and I can't seem to find a place to buy heating tape. I've never even seen it, so I don't know what it looks like. Lowe's and Home Depot do not have them.

The reason I need this heating tape is because I'm trying to start a Dubia Roach colony. I have 20+ roaches in a rubbermaid container with screen on top. I have some egg cartons inside, and I put a basking light on top to keep the heat up to 90° +.

I wanted to get some heating tape so I didn't have to have a light on all the time. Also, do these roaches need light or can they be kept in a dark place as long as they have heat, food and water (I use cricket Water Bites, that works right?). Thanks for the help!

Chris

I try to keep my roach colony in the dark. How are they under the basking light? My roaches hide a lot and I think the light will distrub them. I could be wrong. I am looking up on heating tape as well. Hope they are cheaper then heating pads.

I try to keep my roach colony in the dark. How are they under the basking light? My roaches hide a lot and I think the light will distrub them. I could be wrong. I am looking up on heating tape as well. Hope they are cheaper then heating pads.

The light is on top of the rubbermaid container. it has a mesh screen top. they all hide under the cartons. I have bananas, carrots and water bites for them in a dish UNDER the egg cartons.

So a basking light a bad idea?
All I found at Lowe's was a floor heating blanket, 4 ft by 4 ft and 140 bucks. :eek:

You can use a heating pad or I think lllreptile.com has heat tape. Did you ask the people at lowes. I would think they have it but maybe not. Roaches love the dark and yes they dont need any light. I keep mine in the closet when it is summer and the only light they get is every time I clean out the bin and get the nymphs. You may want to consider getting another 100 or it will take sometime to have a colony able to produce a good supply so you dont run out. I have a small one but it is starting to get up there. I need probably another 100 to 200 more to produce how much I need. I feed the nymphs to my 2 month old panthers and appropriate sized ones to everyone else. I will tell you something I never thought I would say. I LOVE ROACHES hahahaha. At first it was kinda icky to pick them up but I quickly got used to them. When my mom was over I picked up a handfull and she was totally disguisted hahahaha. Hope you find what you are looking for.

I hate roaches but dubia is alright. I won't pick them up with my bare hands. If your breeding them for now you can feed them dog or cat food. They eat anything. Right now they are in a bin with no lid. I have about 200 or so. Will get them warm next month for breeding

I used a Zoo Med unde rtank warmer. I was trippin' it would melt the rubbermaid container, but so far so good. And my roaches now have 24hr darkness, 24hr 95°+ weather and 24hr water bites and dog food and bananas. Hopefully they will start breeding like the little inbreds they are. :D Thanks for the help!

i keep mine outside most of the year except for the coldest winter months. when it gets about 98F i put em inside, but they breed like crazy in my environment.

Back
Top Bottom