Where to buy custom enclosures

The cage will still be needed so your options is order one online and get everything ready and wait a bit more to get your cham or get a kit which could be way less useful then getting good supplies , I’d just order everything online and wait the kit is truly not too good as CJ says I just said it’s so fine since you seem to be in a rush but I take it back it’s better to get the right things now then spend time and money fixing everything up later. I only got it because I was inexperienced and the people at my local pet store actually talked me into buying it only took them an hour of approaching me in 10 minutes time breaks while I was walking around:ROFLMAO:
Agreed. I think you can get a Reptibreeze for the baby in that size for $60 on Amazon, then upgrade to the DragonStrand when he or she is an adult. My advice, get the DragonStrand, don't get the baby enclosure, then the adult enclosure, go strait to the adult enclosure.
Happy Chameleon Keeping, and
Happy New Year!!!:):p:D:p:D:)

Well it’s a good thing I’m a builder. You sh
You should maybe not give advice if if not completely accurate I would lol at myself to I mean really I came here for help not to be badly advised and or laughed at it’s a good thing I did do my research and I’m pretty sure I had said this Cage is temporary until he bigger as per your advice

You should maybe not give advice if if not completely accurate I would lol at myself to I mean really I came here for help not to be badly advised and or laughed at it’s a good thing I did do my research and I’m pretty sure I had said this Cage is temporary until he bigger as per your advice
Excuse me? I only gave a bit messy advice because I was trying to cater to you being a bit rushed and the lol is as anyone uses it to end a sentence in a good note not actually laugh at someone ? I mean everyone texts that way? Okay then good thing you did your research and by the way I agree with you it was a little off but only because of the options you were showing me I was letting you know it’d be okay but CJ was nice enough to chime in and put in a good note that I’d rather agree with him and set you towards what he was suggesting. I no means gave any bad advice. I’m sorry you got mad for whatever reason but do not bash me for trying to help and try to read more carefully I was not laughing at you and I never mentioned anything about a cage being small or being temporary of course it’s temporary until he’s bigger as with any cage you buy be it dragon strand or Reptibreeze. I will no longer comment as per your request. Good Day. Hope everything turns out fine.

Where are you getting him? You need the multivitamin, and proper schedules for everything. Don't rush, wait until you are ready with the enclosure and supplies. Happy Chameleon Keeping, and Happy New Year!!!:):p:D:p:D:)
I got him over the weekend my 21-year-old boy brought him home from a New Year’s party where he was about to become the main course by unruly party guests.

Wow, that went down hill quick. I'll agree with both @Daniel266jz and @CJ's Exotics on this one. I started out looking at the kit just like you and Daniel did. It wasn't bad advise to say that kit is ok because it is ok. It's just not as complete of a housing solution as one would think which is where @CJ's Exotics comments come into play really. Many here prefer to go "baby" cage at first and others of us go straight to the "adult" cage if we purchase one from a breeder. Hatchlings are a different story but us everyday folks typically aren't buying hatchlings we're buying two month old or older chams. While still small at that age, they will find their food still in an adult cage. Since you said you're a builder, you could also go with an adult cage and build a false bottom to reduce the space at first for a young cham too. If you want to get the kit just know you'll still be buying other equipment to add to it to make it a proper setup. The bulbs the kits come with are the downfall of going with them as you need different ones then it comes with and of course more plants and vines. What I ended up doing is what Cj advised you to do and that is skipping the kit and buying your equipment individually.

Excuse me? I only gave a bit messy advice because I was trying to cater to you being a bit rushed and the lol is as anyone uses it to end a sentence in a good note not actually laugh at someone ? I mean everyone texts that way? Okay then good thing you did your research and by the way I agree with you it was a little off but only because of the options you were showing me I was letting you know it’d be okay but CJ was nice enough to chime in and put in a good note that I’d rather agree with him and set you towards what he was suggesting. I no means gave any bad advice. I’m sorry you got mad for whatever reason but do not bash me for trying to help and try to read more carefully I was not laughing at you and I never mentioned anything about a cage being small or being temporary of course it’s temporary until he’s bigger as with any cage you buy be it dragon strand or Reptibreeze. I will no longer comment as per your request. Good Day. Hope everything turns out fine.
Yeah you mentioned that I seemed a bit rushed not quite sure how you got that from what I was asking posting etc. but I guess when it comes to saving a little chameleons life that would be considered a bit rushed. I do know what LOL means and I guess I did miss understand how you represented it In my opinion I now understand it as being a backpedaling “lol” as for the options I showed you it was only one option and it was an option you had previously recommended (which you said was because of me being in a rush you gave messy advice) Bad messy wrong its all the same to me. I was not bashing you I was just calling you out on your advice you have no hesitation on calling anyone out on what they’re posting. Yup I know how to read and I’m pretty sure I read into this posting as well as anyone could. Anyways I thought you’d like to know the reason for the hurry my son brought this home late Monday from a party where it was about to become the main course he bought it to keep it from being eaten by some unruly party guest and I bought it from him. Anyways he’s happily set up a new rep to breeze and I will be building him a enclosure when he gets bigger I will be going and getting them to blight and just using the basking lamp that came with the kit I’m not trying to piss anybody off I just was trying to get some help in a hurry to save the little guy is all

Wow, that went down hill quick. I'll agree with both @Daniel266jz and @CJ's Exotics on this one. I started out looking at the kit just like you and Daniel did. It wasn't bad advise to say that kit is ok because it is ok. It's just not as complete of a housing solution as one would think which is where @CJ's Exotics comments come into play really. Many here prefer to go "baby" cage at first and others of us go straight to the "adult" cage if we purchase one from a breeder. Hatchlings are a different story but us everyday folks typically aren't buying hatchlings we're buying two month old or older chams. While still small at that age, they will find their food still in an adult cage. Since you said you're a builder, you could also go with an adult cage and build a false bottom to reduce the space at first for a young cham too. If you want to get the kit just know you'll still be buying other equipment to add to it to make it a proper setup. The bulbs the kits come with are the downfall of going with them as you need different ones then it comes with and of course more plants and vines. What I ended up doing is what Cj advised you to do and that is skipping the kit and buying your equipment individually.
I agree with them too I just felt like I was being Given the wrong advice I’m sorryWe are all here for the same reason for the health and welfare of these little creatures I know this I got upset I was mainly just wanting something to put him in until I build his cage which I am going to build him an adult size cage i’ve already started working on itI know the bulbs in the kit are all wrong I mainly just wanted the cage anyways I have plants I have everything except for a tube light which I’m going to get as soon as I can find one around here where I can get the light and the fixture I’m not an online buyer sorry I like to be able to take my stuff right back to the store if it don’t work especially when it comes to electrical supplies I’m also going to go to Michael’s today and get a bunch of fake plants I want to totally fill it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 85
I agree with them too I just felt like I was being Given the wrong advice I’m sorryWe are all here for the same reason for the health and welfare of these little creatures I know this I got upset I was mainly just wanting something to put him in until I build his cage which I am going to build him an adult size cage i’ve already started working on itI know the bulbs in the kit are all wrong I mainly just wanted the cage anyways I have plants I have everything except for a tube light which I’m going to get as soon as I can find one around here where I can get the light and the fixture I’m not an online buyer sorry I like to be able to take my stuff right back to the store if it don’t work especially when it comes to electrical supplies I’m also going to go to Michael’s today and get a bunch of fake plants I want to totally fill it up

In deed we are :). What pet/ reptile stores do you have around you? Do you have a hydroponic store around you? What I have locally is the zoomed tube set but to me it is way over priced. $99 for a four foot single tube fixture with bulb. If you have a hydroponic shop near you I'd go that route for the fixture. A sunblaze 22 or 24 is a great place to start. 5 year warranty on the fixture, has individual reflectors for the bulbs and comes loaded with 6500k bulbs. Then hit up the pet shops for a 22 inch reptisun 5.0 t5ho bulb or two depending on if you go with the 22 or 24 :D. If it's the 30" tall cage you'll want to make sure he has plenty of plant hides to escape the uvb though as the t5ho 5.0 bulb wont start a dead zone until 36". Also if it's the 30" cage you'll want to stick to the 22 since it is only 7.5 inches wide where as the 24 is 14.5 inches wide which would better suit the 48" cages dimensions.

I would be very careful on adding a ton of fake plants into a veiled chams cage too. They like to nibble on their plants sometimes and the fake plants could cause problems for the cham if ingested. Look for some pothos or schefflera to fill in and give him (?) some climbing space. Is it a male or female? I found a local (sort of anyway lol) nursery and found larger schefflera for a tad less then home depot's shorter ones. So that may be worth looking into for you as well.

I actually happen to make cages mine is a 24x24x48 for my chameleon but I have a board in the middle because he is a baby right now but you can check out the picture below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom