Where to buy a chameleon online?

herbiecricket

Hi, I am looking to buy a baby veiled chameleon online and I'm having trouble finding out which websites are good or not. Could anyone recommend either a good website to buy from or a breeder from chameleon forums?

I have no idea for veileds, but I wouldn’t recommend Underground Reptiles, Backwater Reptiles, LLL Reptile, FL Chams, CB Reptile, or any other flippers/wild-caught/irresponsibly bred chameleon breeders or breeders that produce unhealthy chameleons! Once you find a breeder you like, post them on here first so we can help you vet them! The breeder should have health as the first concern, not color or profit, have healthy chams that are raised correctly, and have clear lines (no line-breeding/inbreeding) and clean genetics! They should be able to show you their entire set ups and offer help 24/7 even after purchase!

Also, I would look for local breeders because shipping is tough with COVID-19 going on. I ordered fish a few weeks ago with 2-day shipping, and it took over a week with no delays reported!
Yea I live in New York City so its very unlikely that there are local breeders, most chameleons are only available at like petsmart.

I've had very little issues with LLL, I know someone who works at their warehouse & they do treat for parasites. Although I would highly recommend Tiki Geckos or Snakes at Sunset. The only issue would have now is how cold it us. I live in NJ and am waiting for warmer weather to get a Phelsuma parkeri & ship out some Anolus dustichus.

I've had very little issues with LLL, I know someone who works at their warehouse & they do treat for parasites. Although I would highly recommend Tiki Geckos or Snakes at Sunset. The only issue would have now is how cold it us. I live in NJ and am waiting for warmer weather to get a Phelsuma parkeri & ship out some Anolus dustichus.
I personally wouldn’t recommend any of those 3

If I am ever lucky enough to get another chameleon, I would order from

https://chameleonsonly.com/

they have an Instagram and really care about their chameleons and babies for sale. They are very responsive and always give updates for upcoming clutches. I would give them a look

*EDIT*

also give
https://framschams.com/

a look too. Same goes for them. they are on Instagram and give a lot of updates. Also they have amazing little Individual set ups for their babies for sale. You can tell they really care

Last edited:
getting my two baby veileds tommorrow. i hope i've got all i need.send good thoughts our way please. thankyou, tommy

Back
Top Bottom