Where to begin?

Hey guys. I have a recovering MBD veiled I rescued and am looking into upgrading his home. As he begins to gain strength, I'm introducing tiny amounts of climbing for him. I need to upgrade to a larger, screened enclosure but have no idea where to start. I'm a nursing student and short on vast amounts of cash, so, what are some frugal buys? I can't afford hundreds and hundreds of dollars for an enclosure. Any good brands or ideas?

Thanks!

Hey guys. I have a recovering MBD veiled I rescued and am looking into upgrading his home. As he begins to gain strength, I'm introducing tiny amounts of climbing for him. I need to upgrade to a larger, screened enclosure but have no idea where to start. I'm a nursing student and short on vast amounts of cash, so, what are some frugal buys? I can't afford hundreds and hundreds of dollars for an enclosure. Any good brands or ideas?

Thanks!
Keep an eye on craigslist. I found a complete reptibreeze xl with goodish lights mistking(complete) and 3ft tall umbrella tree for $250 in vacaville California. On a budget, they can last when properly cared for. offer up also has some stuff. Good luck to you and your cham.

Thanks!
How’s the little one doing?

If you're handy, you can always build an enclosure. A simple wooden screen cage doesn't look too terribly difficult. I'm sure the archives have some how-to ideas from scratch! I'm pretty useless with power tools, sadly. Give me parts and I can assemble like a champ, though!

Edit: to expand on that thought, I'd keep an eye out for local listings... I've found a lot of inexpensive screen enclosures on FB marketplace, though for my particular situation I purchased a 36x18x36 ExoTerra glass terrarium for a bioactive build.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1663096698.jpg
    Snapchat-1663096698.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 193
If you're handy, you can always build an enclosure. A simple wooden screen cage doesn't look too terribly difficult. I'm sure the archives have some how-to ideas from scratch! I'm pretty useless with power tools, sadly. Give me parts and I can assemble like a champ, though!

Edit: to expand on that thought, I'd keep an eye out for local listings... I've found a lot of inexpensive screen enclosures on FB marketplace, though for my particular situation I purchased a 36x18x36 ExoTerra glass terrarium for a bioactive build.
I would LOVE to buy used BUT the cage my little guy came with was INFESTED with roaches. Not food for him either, just from a very dirty house. I ended up taking a flame to the whole top of it to kill all the eggs. It was NASTY. Maybe I'm just jaded? I'll keep an eye out!

Also YES I'd love to build one. I've seen a lot of posts about people converting hutches. That may be in my future.

Back
Top Bottom