where is the poop

cammys cage smells like poop but i can’t actually find poop what the heck
Ahh... 'The Hardly Boys' in, "The Mystery of the Missing Poop!" 😱 :LOL:

Reviewing your questionnaire answers, it doesn't appear your enclosure is bioactive.
Nevertheless, it may be caught/stuck on a plant someplace, or in potting soil of a plant.

Has she established a regular area/spot? (Mine tends to 💩 near his feeder run cup, so it's usually on the floor or a plant below that). If so, I would check the plants & pots in that vicinity, and follow your 👃.

Ahh... 'The Hardly Boys' in, "The Mystery of the Missing Poop!" 😱 :LOL:

Reviewing your questionnaire answers, it doesn't appear your enclosure is bioactive.
Nevertheless, it may be caught/stuck on a plant someplace, or in potting soil of a plant.

Has she established a regular area/spot? (Mine tends to 💩 near his feeder run cup, so it's usually on the floor or a plant below that). If so, I would check the plants & pots in that vicinity, and follow your 👃.
no she hasn’t picked a spot unfortunately. i used to see a lot of it in her laying bin but cleaned it out and haven’t seen any since then.
cammys cage smells like poop but i can’t actually find poop what the heck
update i found one in the very very back (i have shower curtains around my cage and one is white and i couldn’t see thru it) it looks fairly new but smells really bad and has a yellowish urate and i’ve read smelly poop means parasites and yellow/orange urate means dehydration

no she hasn’t picked a spot unfortunately. i used to see a lot of it in her laying bin but cleaned it out and haven’t seen any since then.

update i found one in the very very back (i have shower curtains around my cage and one is white and i couldn’t see thru it) it looks fairly new but smells really bad and has a yellowish urate and i’ve read smelly poop means parasites and yellow/orange urate means dehydration
Can you take & post a photo?

If you think it's parasites, I would take a fresh (less than 24 hrs old) sample to a herp vet (call first) for a fecal exam. If it's negative, great. However if it's positive, the vet will have to examine her before s/he can treat or write any scrips.

So it should not smell that strong. Of course it will not smell good but if you can smell it like your describing then get a fecal run at the vet. Per dehydration this would be when the urate is more then 50% orange. Granted if they are holding it in longer it can have more of a yellow orange look to it.

So it should not smell that strong. Of course it will not smell good but if you can smell it like your describing then get a fecal run at the vet. Per dehydration this would be when the urate is more then 50% orange. Granted if they are holding it in longer it can have more of a yellow orange look to it.
im not home atm but it wasn’t like bright orange or yellow but it was a little

Back
Top Bottom