Where is everyone?

Haven't taken the time to try breeding the melleri in a few months. I've had green basilisks hatch this past week- quite a few bearded dragons the past couple months and have oodles of little red eye treefrogs and tadpoles we are growing. Turns out red-eyes multi-clutch. My son took a clutch to his classroom where they hatched them and grew them into froglets. I got a pair of pardalis as wee babies in a trade this spring that are going to be ready to breed before winter is through too- male's color is coming in now- want to grow them a bit larger still first though- probably wait until they are a year old.
The little mellers I held back for myself are getting pretty large now and I picked a few imports up over the summer to go with them that are doing well. Had a siamese-twins pair of bearded dragons hatch a couple of weeks ago too- both perfect in every way but joined at the chest. For now I am seeing how they do- seem to be getting along but kind of clumsy at times- when everything is going well they have an arm on each others shoulders and the other arms and legs all on the ground. When one gets excited and the other does not- it ends up looking more like a wrestling match. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet- considering quality of life issues vs life itself.

WOW! sounds like a lot. You should post pics of the dragons. Glad you're still around.

I forget who, but somebody drug up a “Who’s behind the computer”; looking through it I saw lots and lots of people who helped me get where I am today. Kind of a bummer to see them move on, anybody remember Roo with his mass of pygmy chameleons? Even people who lurk that just don’t post much anymore is kind of a bummer, Dean P (who posted here), Dave W, Ect… Dr Wheelock always had awesome posts and always said to call him if you needed any help. Awwww the good old days! I do enjoy seeing new people find the site and watch them to mature in their chameleon keeping shills, but I wish people would use the ‘search tool’ more! :)

I am still active, not as much as I used to be though, just too much to do and not enough time in the day!

On the other side... Some people I dont really miss! :D no names on this one. hahaha

I've been a member since 2007, but prefer to lurk :p

I like looking at the health forums to see all the different things that can pop up with chameleons and how to look out for them and how to prevent them and such.

and of course ooogle at everyones chameleon pics they post! :-D

I used to post some what frequently, now I go to school full time and work.

I also have noticed some of the older more frequent members missing in action.

me and Obama r still here, im on everyday, just post wen i got questions, other than that in just reading threads, soaking it up like a sponge! caught this rediculious pik wen i was givin him a spray down, he started to drink and then he was drooling like a kid with down syndrom!:p

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see so many people popping in!
Credit for this thread should really go to morpheon since he first drew my attention to all the people who weren't posting lately.

WOW..Long thread..

I'm still here..But we've expanded by quite a bit which generally keeps me hopping most of the day..I still recommend this site to EVERYONE who purchases (or not) from me..

I have to say the drama was getting a little crazy and i chose not to get into that so i did stop coming onto the site for awhile..But alot of the old-timers have helped me through a few scary issues and i thank them for that..I still would visit on occasions and read quietly to myself and if i have anything pertinant to add, I would do so.

Besides JJR is on f/b and boy, that can be quite time-consuming in itself..I still love to come on here and check up on everyone. I'll have to post more often..

Just for any of you who may wonder, I will be posting a lot less for a while. I am trying to read as many posts as I can to better learn my job as moderator. I will most likely drive the other moderator's nuts with questions & Brad will ban me. I am on every day and always answer pm's, but I can't post much when I read tons.:)

i dont mean to be a party pooper but........a lot of the older members take the piss out of the new members questions or dismiss them entirely.

its like every forum ive ever been on from reptiles to sports if you havent been a member for 20 years and have ten thousand posts nobody will give you the time of day.

dont get me wrong i do enjoy coming on and having a read but have given up posting

i dont mean to be a party pooper but........a lot of the older members take the piss out of the new members questions or dismiss them entirely.

its like every forum ive ever been on from reptiles to sports if you havent been a member for 20 years and have ten thousand posts nobody will give you the time of day.

dont get me wrong i do enjoy coming on and having a read but have given up posting

I would have to say this is untrue. You rarely see someone post on here that does not get several people giving good advice. Now if someone comes on with a bad attitude, they may not get answered.

i stopped frequenting the forum religiously due to the lack of my favorites posting.

didnt always get along with everyone :) but a lot of good conversations, debates, and info going around

Bump

This is one of my favorite thread on the forum, I hope all the "old" guys are still doing well! It seems most have come back now and then other than Brad R.

The forum is still going strong, even while missing some of the "Founders". There is a great new group of "regulars" that have a lot of knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom