Where is best place to buy feeder bugs?

CheyL

I am sure somebody asked this before, but though it good idea to ask myself in case ideas or opinions have changed?

What or where is best place to buy feeder bugs? Wanting to buy good amount of adult dubias to start colony and med-large size nymphs for good price? Maybe BSFL if available?

Any other good feeder bugs that are ok to start self breeding and easy to clean and care for?

I deeply apologize for bother this wonderful community with my stupidity and dumb questions!

Hi there. :) No such thing as dumb questions.
There are several forum sponsors who I’ve gotten feeders from. Like Brody said, eBay is also good. I’ve been getting good bsfl from abdragons on there. Some forum members sell feeders too. The only one I can think of now is @snitz427.
Silkworms are also great feeders and can be bred. Of course there’s always cricket too.
Hope this helps.
Keep asking all the questions you need.

Hi there. :) No such thing as dumb questions.
There are several forum sponsors who I’ve gotten feeders from. Like Brody said, eBay is also good. I’ve been getting good bsfl from abdragons on there. Some forum members sell feeders too. The only one I can think of now is @snitz427.
Silkworms are also great feeders and can be bred. Of course there’s always cricket too.
Hope this helps.
Keep asking all the questions you need.

Thanks for the shout out!! Im honored I was the first to come to mind (take THAT James)!!! I do sell some feeders - primarily silkworms and chow, but I occassionally also have superworms, bsfl, and hornworms.

@jamest0o0 is the resident roach guy
@nickbarta is the resident stick bug guy
Spyro is also a resident silkworm seller who runs MoriFeeders.com

Lots of reputable places to find bugs, but my suggestion is to always order from someone / somewhere online!! It is counter intuitive, but even with shipping - you’ll get better quality bugs, a bigger variety, and pay a whole lot LESS than if you went to a local pet store to buy them.

Silkworms eat things other then mulberry leaves? I was told they will only eat the leaves! Did not know they make silkworm chow! Just found out after looking up morifeeders. Thank you so much! I will look into eBay and if no good prices, will contact someone who has been suggested! Thank you so much, everybody!

Wanting to build multiple good feeder colonies before buying chameleon :)

Silkworms eat things other then mulberry leaves? I was told they will only eat the leaves! Did not know they make silkworm chow! Just found out after looking up morifeeders. Thank you so much! I will look into eBay and if no good prices, will contact someone who has been suggested! Thank you so much, everybody!

Wanting to build multiple good feeder colonies before buying chameleon :)

The chow is primarily dried mulberry leaves with agar powder to help solidify it, I believe. Careful where you get chow from - some people have had bad experiences with different versions of the chow. I use coastal silkworm’s and highly recommend them!

Contact Linda at lindasgonebuggie.com, she has Discoid Roaches that move faster than Dubias. She also has Horn Worms, Super Worms, Black Soldier Fly larvae, and Silk Worms. All at competitive prices, and grown by her.

CHEERS!

Nick

Tip, don't start with dubia and just become another statistic(that statistic being the people that post how their cham hate dubia). Get a species that chams actually enjoy eating ;)
Yes, i have seen many time on site. Lol. I am lucky to personally know chameleon i am purchasing. He enjoys the roaches!

Beside roaches, I am looking toward 1000ct cricket colony. Is to small? BSFL will be 500-1000ct. Is too small too? Do i need bigger starters? Are any better daily feeders i can give?

Contact Linda at lindasgonebuggie.com, she has Discoid Roaches that move faster than Dubias. She also has Horn Worms, Super Worms, Black Soldier Fly larvae, and Silk Worms. All at competitive prices, and grown by her.

CHEERS!

Nick
Thank you very much, sir! I will definitely look into this site!

Tip, don't start with dubia and just become another statistic(that statistic being the people that post how their cham hate dubia). Get a species that chams actually enjoy eating ;)
What species to Chameleons like? I'm a newbie, lol, sorry!

So sorry to bother again! But i have question about gutload chart found on forum. It says dandelion leaves. Does this mean dandelion as in flowering weed dandelion? It is milky, is it not? Is this really safe to feed? Does quantity matter? Is it better ingested in small amounts? So sorry to bother again! Please forgive..

Not to toot our own horn, but $5 off every order through next Sunday. The new loyalty program will accumulate points pretty fast and get you some extra $ off for future orders.

We can barely keep silks in stock, so they will definitely go quick this week. For other insects/bugs, check out the sponsors and the other members mentioned here.

Back
Top Bottom