Where do you get your crickets?

I have bought crickets at petsmart but it seems that they are dying so fast, and I know chameleons are not supposed to eat dead crickets so should I just throw them in the trash? Where do you get your crickets?

I have bought crickets at petsmart but it seems that they are dying so fast, and I know chameleons are not supposed to eat dead crickets so should I just throw them in the trash? Where do you get your crickets?
Josh’s Frogs. Crickets and BSFL. @jamest0o0 has roaches I’ve ordered and I haven’t had one die off yet ? well except for the few who have met my chameleon.

I used to use top hat crickets. They have great quality, but are very pricey. I have gone with Rainbow Mealworms now for a couple of months and it's worked out very well and it's much more budget friendly. I had one bad batch come in from Rainbow, but they were right on top of it and got it taken care of very quickly and without hassle.

i had the same probably. I was waiting on mine to come in so i went to petsmart and bought them. They dont last long. First and last time i did that. Everything i have read and heard you shouldnt try to feed them dead crickets. I wouldn't attempt that period. I buy mine from a reptile store near me. And have never had a problem with them.

You can also ask around at your local pet/reptile shops to ask what they would charge you for a box of 500 or 1000. Lots of them will order extra boxes and sell them off to customers for a great price.

Back
Top Bottom