where can i get screen cages in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.crislis.co.uk/thatcher/repcage/repcage.htm

I assume you have to email the guy from the home page to order one of these. The only problem seems to be they don't have any listed that are tall enough. If he makes them to order though he may be able to increase the height.

Oh wait - just double checked. He says he can make adjustments for an extra cost. So it might be expensive but if you have your heart set on that type on cage it might be worth emailing him to see the price.

awesome thank you honeybee, they are abit to small but i can always find out how much a bigger one will cost........... or just get the 100 gallon exo-tera flexarium.

I think Exo Terra Flexariums are available in the UK - but have been discontinued, so you may have to do a bit of searching to track one down. I don't think that they are as strong as the screen cages though and from what I've heard the zips can break too. Cages in the UK tend to be glass, or wooden with vents and glass doors which could be replaced by custom made screen doors. Either that or make your own then you can have it as big as you want! :D

yeah i have found a site that sells the 100 gallon exo-tera's for about £44 new. not my first option though.
As for making one i've looked on here at custom ones but they all seem to be american and i couldnt really find a correct mesh to use on a custom one.

To be honest i wouldn't know what materials would be the best to use, wouldn't have any troubles in making one just not sure on materials.

I brought one off of Terry. 24x24x48 for £180 (including shipping etc). Was worth the money. No point bitching, if you buy the animal you cater for it regardless. The exo-terra ones I had were useless and flimsy, it seemed like they wasn't designed to be opened 3-4 times a day for feeding and the misting etc.

i have a flex - but i use it only for when i am cleaning monty's viv & i'll be using it in the summer (fingers cross) for him to use in the garden.

they are not very stable.

I brought one off of Terry. 24x24x48 for £180 (including shipping etc). Was worth the money. No point bitching, if you buy the animal you cater for it regardless. The exo-terra ones I had were useless and flimsy, it seemed like they wasn't designed to be opened 3-4 times a day for feeding and the misting etc.

Doesn't seem bad. What's the quality like?

no that sounds good, have you got any pics of it tryme??

although making one myself is quite appealing.
also i read on here that aluminum mesh can bad for chameleons feet, but if bristol and london zoo use them they cant be all that bad though.

when i purchased grimlock i bought the set up the pet shop had him in aswell but its only a 38 gallon exo-tera flexarium and he's gotten bigger since then hence why i'm looking to get a new bigger one plus after alot of reading on here i found out the set up i bought i quite minimal. another question which would you say is better a ceramic heat lamp or a reguler heat lamp?

I don't think the exo flexariums look bad actually, we've got ours in the bedroom. Just not sure how long it'll last as zippers always seem to brake at some point don't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom