Where can I buy a male panther chameleon?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
Hi everyone! I am looking to buy a male panther chameleon within the next 2 weeks or so. I have been looking online at websites and even went to the sponsored section of this site to find who is recommended. I at first was 100% going to buy one from FLCHams but after researching they have a lot of bad history? So now I don't know where to purchase. I have seen the other sites but it seems everyone is out of male panthers and mainly have females only at this time. I dont know who is restocking any time soon. Also, I kind of want one with more red coloring in its bloodline. I know that it may not look anything like the parents but I just love the color red so if I have a CHANCE of having that coloring I would prefer. Of course I will love my chameleon even if he doesnt end up with any red :) I did find a site called robersons reptiles but I cant find too much on it. I obviously want to buy from a trustoworthy breeder. I however reached out as the site mentioned they get new arrivals weekly and he said they should be getting males soon... SHould I trust it? Or, Any other recommendations thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum.
unfortunately none of them have males available or upcoming :(
Umm... It's not exactly like you can put in an order and they spit one out. Panther chameleon eggs usually take over 6 months to incubate, and then responsible breeders raise them up for the first 3 months after hatching, so the whole process can take close to a year.

I waited 7 months to get a male, but it was worth it. I used the time to read, learn, learn more, set up an enclosure the right way, and get it running smoothly for at least a month before the little guy arrived.

Have you tried the classified section here?
https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/chameleons-for-sale.47/
There are some panthers listed there.

unfortunately none of them have males available or upcoming :(
iPardalis has males available, but you place your order and wait a few months. If you got to their website, look at Upcoming Clutches page and you'll see something like this:

1626283569413.png

It is worth it to wait or pay more and get a healthy chameleon from a good breeder vs. from a place that has been known to sell chams with parasites. You get what you pay for when it comes to chameleons. I know FramsChams has TONS of babies right now.
^^^^^^^ This.... I really do not think people understand the hell you go through with chameleons that come to you with parasites.

You might try plowshredder he is a member here. He has a couple of males that should be ready in a few weeks and also a new clutch that recently hatched and they will be 2 to 3 months out.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I did email a few of the ones recommended above, just awaiting a response. The others more recently suggested though I will take a look once I get back home and see. I 100% def want to buy from someone reputable and has heathy chameleons which is why I figured I would get other suggestions than FLChams. Its weird that their a sponsor of the site but not recommended right? Anyways, thanks everyone for your input! I have taken notes :)

Thanks everyone for your replies! I did email a few of the ones recommended above, just awaiting a response. The others more recently suggested though I will take a look once I get back home and see. I 100% def want to buy from someone reputable and has heathy chameleons which is why I figured I would get other suggestions than FLChams. Its weird that their a sponsor of the site but not recommended right? Anyways, thanks everyone for your input! I have taken notes :)
In regards to FramsChams, they are the breeder I ultimately decided to go with and have been excellent to work with so far. Like @Gingero said, they have quite a few chameleons available and are highly responsive on Instagram. I definitely recommend reaching out to them on that platform (send them a direct message). They mentioned yesterday that they would be making several ambilobe male holdbacks available today (07/15/2021).

Back
Top Bottom