Where can I buy A ficus?

wst0209a

Is there anywhere to buy a ficus plant during this time? Home Depot doesn't carry them anymore because it is to cold. Wal-mart doesn't have anything either. I need to replace some of the plants in the cage because they are dying on me. I want a ficus but if there is another good plant that is easy to keep indoor that I can get my hands on let me know.

check loews (sp?) or a different home depot. I just bought one 2 wks ago. You could always go with an umbrella plant. I am sure if type up nursery in the local yellow pages you could find plenty of shops with one.

If you cant find a ficus try a shefflera...they have very sturdy branches which are nice for bigger chameleons and the leaves kinda cup and hold water...ive never had a problem keeping them alive either

I also recommend Schefflera arboricola. You may want to try your yellow pages for local nurseries. On a side note, I have always had better luck with cage plants when using large pots and when drippers do not fall directly into the soil.

I've seen them in Lowes a couple weeks ago, but they never have many in stock- just a couple in the "indoor" plant section, not outside. Maybe you can ask an employee if they carry them year round, if so when another shipment will come in.
you could also get an umbrella plant as suggested, or pothos, crotons- there is a variety with smaller leaves. I have some sort of dwarf palm also. Lots of other choices really :)

Hmm. .what do people mean when they say wash them with soap and water? The leaves? or use soap and water to flush the soil and roots? Stupid question of mine, but I'm looking to buy a plant for my chams again and I've beenreading about washing them with soap and water and then repot.

I try and get everything from the leaves to the top of the roots at least. After repotting with new soil every spot the cham is exposed to should be sterile

Walmart usually has the lowest prices and they sell them almost year round. Remember to change the potting soil though.

Back
Top Bottom