When your chameleon falls!

KhameleonMomz

Established Member
Nolan fell from 3 feet today onto the only part of the house that has hard wood floor, scariest moment of my life. How do we get them to be less dense? I cried for about 30 mins. thinking he was dying and probably broke something but he seemed okay. I was not okay but I guess he is, he’s more pissed off at whoever put a book in his way.

I agree. Keep a close eye. If you see anything that is not normal go to a reptile vet, and let us know of his condition here.

How did he fall? That is not a normal thing for a cham... They are arboreal animals so falls tend to happen with husbandry issues.

How did he fall? That is not a normal thing for a cham... They are arboreal animals so falls tend to happen with husbandry issues.
He likes to crawl onto this book shelf we have near his enclosure. Whenever I catch him I remove him but I wasn’t fast enough this time😔

He likes to crawl onto this book shelf we have near his enclosure. Whenever I catch him I remove him but I wasn’t fast enough this time😔
Well free range areas really have to be set up properly to avoid issues. They will get into anything and try to crawl on everything. Put a thick rug below the area for safety if your dealing with hardwood floors.

Keep an eye on him over the next few days. You may see bruising from the fall.

Yes, keep an eye. I've had a fall from my oldest Benny from his uppermost basking stick--because he mis-negotiated his reach, fell onto moss about 30". It's been a year and he's just ducky.

Yes, keep an eye. I've had a fall from my oldest Benny from his uppermost basking stick--because he mis-negotiated his reach, fell onto moss about 30". It's been a year and he's just ducky.
I will thank you! We already started to re-arrange things.

Well free range areas really have to be set up properly to avoid issues. They will get into anything and try to crawl on everything. Put a thick rug below the area for safety if your dealing with hardwood floors.

Okay I will! I already yelled at my fiancé (like it was his fault) to move the book shelf out of the way and pull the carpet we have under his tree. Hopefully this curious, attitude filled Cham will learn to control himself after this scare.

But I will for sure watch him, carefully.

Back
Top Bottom