When to upgrade to larger enclosure?

Char333p

Avid Member
So, My chameleons is about 8 months old. I currently have him in 20x20x36 Enclosure. I know I need to upgrade him soon. I was guessing at or close to the 1 year marker, but is there signs in his attitude or particular behavior that would imply to me that he would like an upgrade? To me his size still looks appropriate to the size of the enclosure, but some thoughts could help. Thanks

At 8 months he would already be ready for a larger enclosure. The recommended 2x2x4 for adult male veiled and panthers isn't going to be too big for him now. I prefer to have them in the larger enclosures as they are maturing. For males, often they will go through a mood adjustment as they get older no matter what enclosure they are in :).

At 8 months he would already be ready for a larger enclosure. The recommended 2x2x4 for adult male veiled and panthers isn't going to be too big for him now. I prefer to have them in the larger enclosures as they are maturing. For males, often they will go through a mood adjustment as they get older no matter what enclosure they are in :).

Yeah the 2x2x4 is the next size up. But it'll be great cause then I can use old one as outdoor enclosure. Yeah I was thinking its about that time. its amazing how quick they grow. 4 months he like doubled in size. thanks

Back
Top Bottom