When to switch to every other day feeding

VC Floki

I got my veiled chameleon Jan 10th of this year, and I was told he was about 2 to 3 months old at the time. Currently he gets fed about 10 to 15 crickets a day and 1 or 2 silk worms, and by nighttime there is rarely any signs of live crickets. When should i switch to every other day feeding?

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 73
When it becomes 8 months old you can start feeding every other day, you want to feed it more when it is in its growing stages but once it becomes an adult you want to switch to every other day. Don't want an obese Chameleon.

I think how many feeders you give, and how often, also depends on how active your chameleon is during the day. But you DO want to watch closely as you find his “sweet spot” with how many feeders to give each day/week, as obesity in chams is real - and not good at all! I find it helpful to take notes each day on my chams activities, food, appetite, shedding, fecal/urates, basically a concise entry on everything that happens each day.

And we almost have “twins”! 😂 I brought mine home Jan 15th and was told he was ~2 months old. 💚🦎

Back
Top Bottom