When to stop Feeding Chameleon Daily

Kamran_k

Established Member
Hello I have a 6 going on 7 month old Jacksons chameleon and I still feed him daily and use Repashy Calcium Plus LoD 3 times a week and I was wondering when I should stop feeding everyday and go to feeding every other day?

Generally its when they become adults(around 1 year mark). Naturally they will just not want to eat. They will go from eating 6 crickets a day to 6 crickets a week in some cases. But since you said "him" and only 7 months, keep feeding daily to keep up with growth. When they are that young its almost a race to get enough food in them to keep up with growth. You could start "offering" food vs just throwing in hand fulls of crickets and hoping for the best. Say make a feeder, fill it, come back and hour or so later and empty it. Thats what i do with my adults, offer food, if they dont eat, Meh try again tomorrow.

Yea I already have a feeding station mounted on his cage he didn't use it at first but now every morning hes there eating lol

Generally its when they become adults(around 1 year mark). Naturally they will just not want to eat. They will go from eating 6 crickets a day to 6 crickets a week in some cases. But since you said "him" and only 7 months, keep feeding daily to keep up with growth. When they are that young its almost a race to get enough food in them to keep up with growth. You could start "offering" food vs just throwing in hand fulls of crickets and hoping for the best. Say make a feeder, fill it, come back and hour or so later and empty it. Thats what i do with my adults, offer food, if they dont eat, Meh try again tomorrow.
I agree with nightanole as I have a 10 month old veiled and he is just now starting to eat less. They will cut back on thier own.

Back
Top Bottom