When to stop feeding chameleon 2 X a day

fubekka

I have a 4 1/2 month old veiled cham, at what age should i go down to once a day, or maybe even once every other day?

you could feed once a day. If you are feeding 6 and 6 just feed the 12 at one feeding. As far as every other day there are people that cut back after 6 months and some later. My breeder recomends every other day feeding starting at 13 months. My cham is one year old and I have been feeding every other day since about 10 months. I went somewhere in between. At 4 1/2 months they still need to eat lots of food. i would not cut back on the amount.

you could feed once a day. If you are feeding 6 and 6 just feed the 12 at one feeding. As far as every other day there are people that cut back after 6 months and some later. My breeder recomends every other day feeding starting at 13 months. My cham is one year old and I have been feeding every other day since about 10 months. I went somewhere in between. At 4 1/2 months they still need to eat lots of food. i would not cut back on the amount.

Just wondering if you still do 12 crickets every other day?

I was just using that as a hypothetical. the 12 crickets! My chameleon does not eat crickets any more. He just hates them! I have only been feeding him silkworms, hornworms and super worms. I feed him every other day about 6 feeders.

I was just using that as a hypothetical. the 12 crickets! My chameleon does not eat crickets any more. He just hates them! I have only been feeding him silkworms, hornworms and super worms. I feed him every other day about 6 feeders.

I think I way have to sway to the worm side :D Seems easier then taking care of those crickets. They are more work then Diego.

Just make sure that you have some type of feeder that has a hard outer body like a superworm.You don't want to feed all soft bodied. They need some fiber so to speak just like we do! I do not want to get into the roach thing. I can't stand the sight of them! I keep trying the crickets on him every so often and hope one of these days he will like them again. They are good feeders but a pain in the butt to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom