When to Separate

Ninjazrain

Hello, my first veiled clutch just hatched and they are absolutely beautiful
They are always basking, exploring or play American gladiators at the top of the enclosure but that made me wonder
When will the play get rough
When should I put them in separate enclosures??
012C4E27-1933-46E9-9A53-74B66ECD4393.jpeg
F6A5EBDA-6AE9-4A05-9635-3ACA57176053.jpeg

Typically people start putting them into their own set ups by the time they are 2 months old.

With your fixtures though and the fact that they are screen climbing the top as all babies do... This is dangerous. What is the UVB fixture type and bulb strength your using?

Careful adding heat to hatchlings... This can dehydrate them and kill them. Most do not add heat until they are 2-3 months old...

Typically people start putting them into their own set ups by the time they are 2 months old.

With your fixtures though and the fact that they are screen climbing the top as all babies do... This is dangerous. What is the UVB fixture type and bulb strength your using?

Careful adding heat to hatchlings... This can dehydrate them and kill them. Most do not add heat until they are 2-3 months old...
Hey Beman
The UVB is Zilla 18” with a 25 Tropical Bulb
The Heat bulb is a 100 watt blue full
spectrums
I keep misting through the day or when I see the beads have dried up but ill move the heat up alittle more
My office is like 70 at all times so it can be quite chilli
What about them body slamming each other off the top of the cage
Should I get them something soft to land on?

Hey Beman
The UVB is Zilla 18” with a 25 Tropical Bulb
The Heat bulb is a 100 watt blue full
spectrums
I keep misting through the day or when I see the beads have dried up but ill move the heat up alittle more
My office is like 70 at all times so it can be quite chilli
What about them body slamming each other off the top of the cage
Should I get them something soft to land on?
Is it the fixture with the plastic clear piece covering the bulb? If so you need to remove this clear piece... They are not able to get uvb with that on. I would then switch out the bulb that comes with that fixture for a reptisun T8 10.0 bulb. Should be the same length as that fixture. THen raise the fixture off the cage two inches so they are not in overexposure levels. Branches would then be 2-3 inches away from the screen. Add many tiny flukers vines. These are really small if you get the smallest size. These will be easier for them to grip. You can also take floral wire to hook them to the screen. Make sure the sharp ends from the wire are on the outside of the screen so babies don't get hurt.

They need live plants.. This will not only help with humidity in the cage but it will help with natural surfaces to drink from. get Veiled tested plants off this list...

More vines and live plants should help with butting each other off. Also having the UVB spot on.

Cut up egg carton leave two pieces hooked together. This way you can hang it over a branch higher in the cage. Put your fruit in there and dump your fruit flies into that. This way they do not have to go to the bottom for food. They will need lots of tiny feeders...

Test temp on the screen below that heat bulb... I would make sure it is not any hotter than 70-75max. Don't want babies to fry. 100 watt is going to be intense... I would not use anything stronger than a 60 watt if they were mine.

They do not need to be in the 80's as babies. 70's daytime is fine.

Add a solo plastic cup with a few tiny pin holes for a slow drip. Set it on top of the cage over a live plant so they have constant access to water.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom