When to feed every other day?

Dgood

Established Member
When should I start feeding my Cham every other day? When she is big enough to eat adult crickets? I have a female jax, that I am unsure about the age. Is there any way I can tell the relative age of my Cham? She is 6-7 inches long from head to tail. I can't post any pics as of right now but any feed back wil be greatly appreciated :D

My Chams kind of told me. They will get to a point where they slow down the amount, and frequency that they will eat. Keep an eye out for this.

That being said, it varies a ton. I have multiple adults of different species and each was different when they decided to slow down consumption.

HTH,

Bobby

Awesome thank you. I'll watch her intake and see if I need to make adjustments.:)
My Chams kind of told me. They will get to a point where they slow down the amount, and frequency that they will eat. Keep an eye out for this.

That being said, it varies a ton. I have multiple adults of different species and each was different when they decided to slow down consumption.

HTH,

Bobby

My female is supposed to be around 15-16 months old and weighs 48g, but she was a little tiny when I got her. Slowly beefing her up.

Is the 6-7" including tail straight out, curled or not including tail?

My female is just over 7" with tail. But I don't think she had the best care before obtaining her.

6-7 inches with the tail pointed away from her. I would say 7 in would probably be a little too long probably 6 or 6 1/2. I know for a fact that mine didn't.......... That reptile store was horrible! Last time I went there I saw a baby veiled sitting in the corner of the cage. Dead. I asked him if he was even alive and he took him out and set him in the tub and said "he's not doing too good" and took him in the back........ Ha sorry How old is your female?
Is the 6-7" including tail straight out, curled or not including tail?

My female is just over 7" with tail. But I don't think she had the best care before obtaining her.

She is older, around 17 months. I was supposed to receive an 11-12 month old, but she very likely was a little younger than that. I've had her for about 5 months now. 3 months after getting her, she had babies (6). Two were twins and were stillborn, 2 died shortly after being born and 2 are still going strong.

Dang I was greatly mistaken. That probably explains why she doesn't eat all 6-7 crickets I put in every day.:eek: I always take the uneaten ones out btw. As soon as I get my phone fixed I'll put up some pics so you can get a better idea of her age. And I'll post some of her new set up, I got a 2x2x4 about a week and a half ago or so, but I have a couple pics of her in her old exxoterra that you can look at
She was in a 12x12x18 exxo terra
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums...ds-1/981725_10201302303669129_644753532_o.jpg

One more
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums...ads/1015429_10201282051042826_453608056_o.jpg

Can you see these ok?

Back
Top Bottom