When the crickets are dying off super fast how good are they.

LOL One of the many things we weren’t told. Crickets are their own animal and now we need to learn how to care for them as well. And they are not as simple as we might hope. I am just finally getting it and producing crickets, but not many yet. I still have more to figure out.
What I did learn is when I get it right I have had adult crickets live 8 weeks +. And no smell. When I get it wrong (too dry, too damp and stagnant) dead and smelly in a week.

Humid , warm, and good airflow seem to be the trick. But has to be balanced.

What size dubia?
Medium size I think 1/2 inch. Can they go in a small tub with holes for air? I kept 20 of them in a cookie dough bowl with lid that I poked holes in. It was about the size of a cool whip bowl. Maybe something similar only bigger? I can go to the dollar tree and get a bigger bowl. What do you use to wash the crickets keeper in. Last time I washed it with Dawn dish detergent and rinsed well but they died.

Medium size I think 1/2 inch. Can they go in a small tub with holes for air? I kept 20 of them in a cookie dough bowl with lid that I poked holes in. It was about the size of a cool whip bowl. Maybe something similar only bigger? I can go to the dollar tree and get a bigger bowl. What do you use to wash the crickets keeper in. Last time I washed it with Dawn dish detergent and rinsed well but they died.
I just use this and it seems to work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 63
Thank you everyone! I am feeding fresh veggies but they seem to die faster with those So thought I would try repashy superload. So I guess I have to get something else. I’ll look for the arcadia insect fuel. I will get a new bin but how do you attach screen to the sides and top? Will hot glue work? What kind of screen should I use? I’m getting 50 medium crickets this week along with 50 Dubia roaches. how big of a container do I need for 50 Dubia s?
I used duct tape lol.

Back
Top Bottom