When it rains it pours!!!!! :(

Eeyore

:(:(

So last night, little gal, my little brown female pygmy passed:(

Causes are unknown, but I think it is that she never recovered from laying her eggs.

While, today my other female, Mis. Cham, passed. i think she was egg bound- she was huge. SHe had laying material and everything, but she still died :(

WAAAAAHHHHHHH!
:(:(:(:(:(:(:

oh my gosh that is terrible! Do you have any more chameleons? I was just wondering that seems sort of mysterious for both of them to have died unexpectedly. Did they ever come in contact with one another?

I'm so sorry. But, If they were kept in the same enclosure, I would check over their enclosure and make sure something else isn't going on. My heart is breaking for you.

I have read here that some members cut open their dead eggbound females to get the eggs. Not that I am giving you any ideas...

Their mate, naughty britches still lives **knock on wood**
They were in the same cage- they WERE pygmy's after all. I had another male, and he passed in early january.
:(

did you have their fecals ever tested? I know there are parasites that can spread to one another. Just a thought....

unfortunately I don't know how old they were or if they were cb, or wc. I suspect wc, after doing some research into the store.

I will not be getting any more at the time-I am just too busy with nursing school (i am so glad this all happened on spring break, i would not have been able to concentrate otherwise) and i just don't have the money. I will stay here-i still love chams, and i do want to get more someday, just maybe not pygmies.

and unfortunately, the eggs, I believe, are infertile. They are all shriveled up, regardless of how much I mist them. They just never looked right though.

thanks for all your well wishes.

did you have their fecals ever tested? I know there are parasites that can spread to one another. Just a thought....

No-the nearest reptile vet is almost 50+ miles away, over a mountain ridge...ugh. And I don't know if my local vet could do it.

ANd I'd be nervous to treat them...I've heard that it can go wrong in big chams,I can't imagine in such a little thing, how would you even get it to open it's mouth for the meds without snapping it's jaw?!?

There really is not much any vet can do for pygs, so I would not stress on that factor.

What were the temps like in your enclosure?

I am so sorry you lost them. That happen to me a couple of years ago so I gave up pgymy's. Guess I am a wimp, but they just seemed to fragile for me.

Back
Top Bottom