When do Veiled chameleons get their stripes ?

Lizzie48

I have a 3 month female veiled chameleon , as you can see she is still at her green mono color. She does have a yellow strip on both sides . And me and my fiancé have caught her showing off some super dark green stripes and when we get ready to take a snap she changes back to her normal green . Any ideas or know when she will start having her patters show ? She also had her first successful shed :)

Has someone confirmed its a girl?
Girls can be colorful but for the most part they will just stay green with yellow and green spots and some lines but it won't have bars like the males.

image.jpg this is her lovely self :)

Has someone confirmed its a girl?
Girls can be colorful but for the most part they will just stay green with yellow and green spots and some lines but it won't have bars like the males.

She doesn't have the spurs like the males do , her hind legs for have any type of notch , we have seen males and compared the two.

Have you read up on egg laying? - how to set up bins, how they will behave and how you should go about giving her privacy ?

Yes we research what we should do when she reaches egg laying stage , as well as giving her privacy . She is a very good girl , not aggressive but shy.

It's not common that people will research how to take care of a chameleon or just a reptile in general. But way to go on being responsible its very refreshing to hear! Keep up the good work!

Yes we did tons , we wanted to make sure our little one was happy and healthy . And I've heard females don't live long but we've also read the raising kitty blog so it's helped so much

I have a 5-6month female Yemen and she is a monotone green with some darker bars like you mentioned, as well as the mustard lines running done either side of her (only one shed with me so far). Girls do not get as many colors as the guys do but I have seen pics of very pretty females and am hoping that a few more sheds will show her true colors :p;)

Usually males will begin to develop stripes at around (as early as) 3-5 months old.

For females I assume it's around the same age. Females usually only get pretty orange, blue, yellow, and green dots in no specific pattern. Although they don't really get stripes, they can still be beautiful.

For example, Jannb's "Sadie" who passed away not too long ago. Very beautiful cham she was.
RedSadieHendershotHeraSidFlash33113203_zpsb49d2c4c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom