When did you realize you really were a serious chameleon keeper?

For me, it was today when I was feeding and crickets fell into my too-big sweat pants.... :eek: And I didn't stop because I had a big cup of crickets to feed to dozens of waiting mouths. Very, very sad. Just for you, @jpowell86--enjoy and don't choke on your coffee.
When the super worm fell down my shirt and I kept feeding the baby's , thought oh it will fall out . (y) When I first started using super worm I thought it might bite my finger off lol .

When even at school all I think about is if he's safe and healthy without me there, and even researching about him everyday

A good clue for me was when I started tattooing them on me. Not to mention I dedicated a whole room in my house to them and everything I buy is top of the line for them. Plus I'm mildly obsessive over their well-being and want more and more. I want what Joel has.

So when can I ship you your quad and gracilior baby???? :ROFLMAO:

For me, it was decades ago when being young, limber, and stupid, I climbed a 30' tall tree in my dad's front yard to retrieve my beloved Jackson Chameleon that had decided the little bush he was sunning himself on was not nearly as bitching as the 30' tree.

Risking my neck for a silly lizard that day made me realize I'd do nearly anything for one. I shoulda just set up a trap filled with crickets around the base of the trunk.....

For me, it was today when I was feeding and crickets fell into my too-big sweat pants.... :eek: And I didn't stop because I had a big cup of crickets to feed to dozens of waiting mouths. Very, very sad. Just for you, @jpowell86--enjoy and don't choke on your coffee.

I think I became a serious keeper today! I pulled my greenhouse down with my truck and a tow strap so I can triple it's size. Does that count?!

God I wish I could have been there! Only you Janet! :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
when I decided I was not gonna get a chameleon until I got my shit together. or any animal for that matter. and if I was gonna get one I was going to get just one. so I was gonna to make sure it had everything it needed and do not compromise with space supplies budged or feeders budget. it also gave me enough years to think which chameleon I really wanted. And If I still wanted that chameleon without switching back and forward between species then that is the one I really wanted and wouldn´t get tire of it and later get rid off to get an new. That means in the mean while there was just reading as much as possible about succesful husbandry and failed ones too see where those failed how those resembled my husbandry and learn ways to correct things.

I don't qualify as a serious keeper to people as @jajeanpierre and @jpowell86 ...
Their experience and the large amount of animals they own or have owned make me look like a puny hobbyist, which I'm glad to be.

Maybe visiting this forum multiple times every day, checking it every morning when I wake and every evening before I go to bed and trying to contribute to it does make me kinda a little bit of a serious keeper, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I don't qualify as a serious keeper to people as @jajeanpierre and @jpowell86 ...
Their experience and the large amount of animals they own or have owned make me look like a puny hobbyist, which I'm glad to be.

Maybe visiting this forum multiple times every day, checking it every morning when I wake and every evening before I go to bed and trying to contribute to it does make me kinda a little bit of a serious keeper, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
Your one of my go to and you correct my bad spelling I dib you as a serious keeper, and an excellent speller :love:.

When you decide to switch careers and go back to school for a zoology degree... Animals have been a huge part of my life since I was a child. After high school, I decided to join the military but made to stupid choice of not taking advantage of taking collage classes while in. After I got discharged, I got a job through a craigslist ad with a small new company making automotive wiring kits. Now, I am technically an electrical engineer without the formal education and I hate it lol. But it pays the bills so I stuck with it.

I recently got my first chameleon and, after a few months of researching, I realized how much I enjoyed learning about the different species. From their anatomy to the habitats, it was just enjoyable. I also had the same feeling when doing the homework for salt water aquariums.

So, this spring, I am enrolling in my first couple of courses to work toward a zoology degree of some sort. Not too sure what specifically, but that will come in time.

I got Knocked in the head by it since 2008 doing research looking for every info and everything i can and need to know even when it seemed hopeless cause there wasn't anyone on the forum that could help me out on shipping 1 to my location until a couple of weeks ago got some info again to try but by then i got someone at my location that has a zoo permit so he can order 1 for me, but i am still happy about this forum for everyone that tried to help me to keep doing my research until the end so after all those years my build and setup and feeders are ready for the arrival of my little friend.

And still doing research every day at work so i can have everything on point!!!

Thansk guy's and thanks to the forum!!!!

Back
Top Bottom