When can I feed my chameleon fruits and veggies?

I would feed them fruits after they ate their crickets. I feed my chameleons watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes(they love grapes), bananas and the obvious greens. Its good for their diet. Take say a half of a grape then cut that in half and squish it a little. I would give each one a half a grape. Use that serving size for everything fruit and vegetable aside from greens. I would give a little more greens. When your chameleon gets older start giving them superworms in their diet as you will see it helps them poop better. Not the mealworms the superworms.
I give my chameleons fruits about every three days. I load my crickets with mainly carrots but potatoes are good too but no where near as much as carrots. Hope that helps.
Do not gutload with potatoes unless it is an orange sweet potato.

How hot is your basking area? seems that long stick in the middle of the pics goes right to the top, just under the lamp. Should be 6 to 9 inches down. Just don't want your cham to get a burn
It's pretty toasty, I will move that vine down immediately.

Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 90-95F (32-35C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85F (29C)

Get you a temp gun and check them. I always say every chameleon owner needs Solar Meter to check UVB levels and a Temp Gun to check your enclosure temps& basking

Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 90-95F (32-35C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85F (29C)

Get you a temp gun and check them. I always say every chameleon owner needs Solar Meter to check UVB levels and a Temp Gun to check your enclosure temps& basking
A temp gun is a great idea! Thank you for the information :)

Back
Top Bottom