What's your best guess on locale for Mr. Puff

IanGlo

I had no idea there were so many panther variations when I got Mr. Puff. What's your best guess on locale?
I think his colors are probably still not at their peak since they continue to intensify every week.

One of pet store staff showed me a pic of the father and he had lots of yellow when excited, though he didn't seem to know a ton about them. Next time I'm up that way I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the breeder.

I was guessing probably Ambilobe, but then I recently saw some pics of Sambava and that looks like the father. It's also hard to find good pics on the internet that haven't obviously been enhanced with a filter to intensify or skew the colors.

This one was taken today:

IMG_20220607_145431.jpg

This one was taken about 2 months ago:

IMG_20220326_144716.jpg

This one is from when I first got him about 4 months ago:

IMG_20220218_141103.jpg

I went back to the pet store and here's what they said:
Dad is F1 Cap est x Ambilobe (Wild caught cap est)
Mom is Ambilobe from Kammerflage

The dad is almost fully orange when excited and leans more red than yellow.
Anyone know what F1 Cap est x Ambilobe means?

I believe that means that the grand sire to your cham was a wild caught cap est who was paired with an ambilobe female which created the sire to your cham. Then that male was paired with an ambilobe female and your cham is the result. So your cham is primarily ambilobe but not 100%.

I believe that means that the grand sire to your cham was a wild caught cap est who was paired with an ambilobe female which created the sire to your cham. Then that male was paired with an ambilobe female and your cham is the result. So your cham is primarily ambilobe but not 100%.
Is cap est like a locale?

Back
Top Bottom