Whats wrong with George's Tail?

pigglett79

Avid Member
Today we noticed a black area on George's tail. It is on the top and bottom side. The top has a part that looks like dry skin then it is black. Not sure if it might just be a bruise or if it could be something more serious. Any ideas?

Tail 1.jpg

Bottom
Tail 2.jpg

I think it looks like its necrotic.. I would just take him to the vet.

Unless it's a burn or bruise, but honestly it looks like a dead patch.

I am going to disagree with the other member here and I say it is not necrotic. It looks like a bruise for sure. I once closed my chams tail in the door( idiot) and it looked exactly like that. Maybe it is possible you did that and did not even realize it? Anyways, necrotic looks more like dead dry skin and has a pinkish color to it from what I have seen on here. That to me is just a bruise with a little piece of dry skin. This is JMO based on what I have seen on here since being a member..

I am going to disagree with the other member here and I say it is not necrotic. It looks like a bruise for sure. I once closed my chams tail in the door( idiot) and it looked exactly like that. Maybe it is possible you did that and did not even realize it? Anyways, necrotic looks more like dead dry skin and has a pinkish color to it from what I have seen on here. That to me is just a bruise with a little piece of dry skin. This is JMO based on what I have seen on here since being a member..

Thanks Carol. It really looks like a bruise to me as well, but I figured I would let others offer their opinions as I am not 100% sure. Of course I am totally worried about it now, but also the fact that it is symmetrical on both sides, maybe it did get caught in the door or hung up on a branch. Makes sense. Thanks again.

Ah okay.

I'm actually really new to chameleons, but I've seen LOTS of pictures of necrotic flesh on other animals, and it almost always looks black and white and gross like that.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

I have honestly never really seen a bruise on a reptile, but yeah.

:)

My second guess was bruise, but it looks necrotic if you apply it to mammals.

omg! It does look like a butt! I was viewing this thread my daughter was passing by. She said "what is that"!? I said it is a chameleon's tail wrapped around someones arm and she said it looks like a butt! She is right!!:eek::D

I don't mean to butt in but I wanted to ass you a few questions....

Looks like a bruise, I wouldn't worry to much about it but do keep a close eye on it. George is probably a wild man you you don't even know it!

LOL I thank you for all the support, even if it is about my pic looking like a butt. You have helped put my mind at ease. I will for sure keep a close eye on him.

Yea i agree too, its a bruise.. and a butt. lol

My male veiled had a black tipped tail too, looked just like that, cept his had a 'kink' in it.

Thus his name is Kink. ;)

Life is a story that no one knows how it ends.

I bet you are wondering where this came from. It is on a tail and you have no clue how it happened.

Cut scence, end story.

:O I found you miss new booty! hehehe jk! sorry i couldnt resist i was (and still am) giggleing at this post)

I am sorry about your chams tail, Saintjimmy is very kind and cares alot about Chameleons IMO! I'm glad we figgured out what the issue was, please keep us posted!!

Question : Does he have full funcation of his tail? I might of missed it in the topic, bt i ddont think so?:)

Back
Top Bottom