Whats up with USPS?!

What it amounts to is this: if there is a barcode then the USPS employee can scan it and trace it, so it is a known source. If it is handwritten there is no way to source it, so it is then known as an anonymous package...which equates to a suspicious package.

If it is possible, I recommend printing your own labels to save time.

Does the kiosk have you enter all your information? And do you know if it applies a barcode?

My town is small, and we do not have a kiosk, but if you'd like, I can find out if a kiosk will work for you later this week.

Ahhh I see what you're saying. So what I usually do is write the address down on the box and then go pay in cash at the desk. They put a label on it there where it can then be scanned. They told me the kiosk is the same thing, only difference is that you have to pay with a debit card rather than cash. I haven't used it yet, but plan to going forward. The post office I go to is a big hub in the area. I've only seen the kiosk at this particular location. Almost positive you type in the info and it prints out the label. Then you put the package in the drop off slot.

Ahhh I see what you're saying. So what I usually do is write the address down on the box and then go pay in cash at the desk. They put a label on it there where it can then be scanned. They told me the kiosk is the same thing, only difference is that you have to pay with a debit card rather than cash. I haven't used it yet, but plan to going forward. The post office I go to is a big hub in the area. I've only seen the kiosk at this particular location. Almost positive you type in the info and it prints out the label. Then you put the package in the drop off slot.
So it sounds like the kiosk will work fine.

Keep in mind, it goes from the kiosk to the distribution center where employees are only working 8 hours instead of 12-16. So you will likely have late packages until this absurd new policy is retracted.

You had me thinking I was being watched by the post office for suspicious behavior over this past year. Then again, a box full of cockroaches is pretty suspicious :unsure:
My husband uses ebay to sell and then send things, and I'm like DUDE! Your package is supicious as hell!! Lol. But as long it has a barcode you're golden.

The changes started with the appointment of the new postmaster general. Politics might not be a favorite topic of conversation for many right now, but political policies do impact the way our society functions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/14/postal-service-trump-dejoy-delay-mail/

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/07/851976464/new-postmaster-general-is-top-gop-fundraiser

I'm sorry this is impacting your business, James. It's impacting so many and it's partly why I bought bugs from you to start my own colonies earlier, just seeing the delays in deliveries mounting. Other businesses have been switching to FedEx.

Looks like post offices are going to cut their business hours as well:

https://www.businessinsider.com/usps-to-reduce-post-office-hours-to-save-money-report-2020-7

The American Postal Workers Union (that represents 200k+ postal workers) is saying that stimulus funding is needed to save USPS.

https://www.apwu.org/savepostoffice

I think what's tough about politics is figuring out the nuance, the detailed information that helps you see underneath emotional calls to action that activate out lizard brains (hehe) and nervous systems. This politico opinion piece goes into some depth about financial troubles USPS is in and how we could wrangle without cutting a huge stimulus check. But without bipartisan collaboration, and with this new postmaster general, it seems more likely that USPS will go belly up in the next year or two.

https://www.politico.com/news/agenda/2020/04/16/the-right-way-to-bail-out-the-post-office-190271

The changes started with the appointment of the new postmaster general. Politics might not be a favorite topic of conversation for many right now, but political policies do impact the way our society functions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/14/postal-service-trump-dejoy-delay-mail/

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/07/851976464/new-postmaster-general-is-top-gop-fundraiser

I'm sorry this is impacting your business, James. It's impacting so many and it's partly why I bought bugs from you to start my own colonies earlier, just seeing the delays in deliveries mounting. Other businesses have been switching to FedEx.

Looks like post offices are going to cut their business hours as well:

https://www.businessinsider.com/usps-to-reduce-post-office-hours-to-save-money-report-2020-7

The American Postal Workers Union (that represents 200k+ postal workers) is saying that stimulus funding is needed to save USPS.

https://www.apwu.org/savepostoffice

I think what's tough about politics is figuring out the nuance, the detailed information that helps you see underneath emotional calls to action that activate out lizard brains (hehe) and nervous systems. This politico opinion piece goes into some depth about financial troubles USPS is in and how we could wrangle without cutting a huge stimulus check. But without bipartisan collaboration, and with this new postmaster general, it seems more likely that USPS will go belly up in the next year or two.

https://www.politico.com/news/agenda/2020/04/16/the-right-way-to-bail-out-the-post-office-190271

Wow thank you for all of that. I shouldn't bring up politics, I know. It was just something directly impacting me so I felt like saying something. The thing I forget sometimes, I am very anti one side or the other, but not everyone else is. I freely call out dumb/suspicious things when I see them without feeling like I'm particularly backing the other side. In the world of politics, both sides will play dirty. Devoutly supporting a party like it is a religion is a large part of the problem. That's why it's such a sensitive subject to bring up. Nobody would do that over a work or school policy change. Only if it involves Republicans or democrats, then people cry like you're insulting their god. With that, I totally get the need to avoid the emotional calls and it could most definitely not be true. I had no agenda in bashing Trump. Just that I feel that is definitely something he/they would do(as would the Democrats in other situations). I mean hell, his supporters even brag of him being a ruthless businessman lol.

Wow thank you for all of that. I shouldn't bring up politics, I know. It was just something directly impacting me so I felt like saying something. The thing I forget sometimes, I am very anti one side or the other, but not everyone else is. I freely call out dumb/suspicious things when I see them without feeling like I'm particularly backing the other side. In the world of politics, both sides will play dirty. Devoutly supporting a party like it is a religion is a large part of the problem. That's why it's such a sensitive subject to bring up. Nobody would do that over a work or school policy change. Only if it involves Republicans or democrats, then people cry like you're insulting their god. With that, I totally get the need to avoid the emotional calls and it could most definitely not be true. I had no agenda in bashing Trump. Just that I feel that is definitely something he/they would do(as would the Democrats in other situations). I mean hell, his supporters even brag of him being a ruthless businessman lol.

You're welcome! It's important to know what's going on and be politically engaged, let your representatives know how things are impacting you. No political system works without investment from the people who are living within that system.

Now on day 7 to get a priority mail package from freaking Los Angeles area to Northern Cali.... No update in 3 days. Just that it is on its way to the next location. It was supposed to be here Friday. I was on hold for 2 hours with USPS yesterday and gave up after waiting that long to talk to a human. Pretty sure everything but the dubia will be dead by the time it finally gets here. I am sorry but it should not take over a week to get a package 10 hours up the coast :banghead:

It seems like I have a least 3 usps drivers that deliver to my house. One delivers the mail, and I received amazon packages from two other different usps drivers on the same day as the mail/letter person. So it seems like they are just throwing boxes in the back of the jeeps and then the drivers drive all over town delivering whatever is in the back of the jeep.

It seems like I have a least 3 usps drivers that deliver to my house. One delivers the mail, and I received amazon packages from two other different usps drivers on the same day as the mail/letter person. So it seems like they are just throwing boxes in the back of the jeeps and then the drivers drive all over town delivering whatever is in the back of the jeep.

I've seen this before when I had things delivered up north(near butler if you know where that is) where this a lower population

Package is MIA according to the Post office. They literally have no clue where it is.

So rainbow mealworms reshipped for free and I paid an additional $5 to have them send it Fed ex two day shipping. fingers crossed fed ex is doing better getting packages 10 hours away to their destination :LOL:

Package is MIA according to the Post office. They literally have no clue where it is.

So rainbow mealworms reshipped for free and I paid an additional $5 to have them send it Fed ex two day shipping. fingers crossed fed ex is doing better getting packages 10 hours away to their destination :LOL:

So ridiculous that's what it's come to. Tons of people are having the same problems right now that depend on usps for business...

Express mail is same day or next day delivery, so someone delivers express packages before others do the routes.

Express mail is on a time limit. If your package is not delivered on time then usps will refund your shipping price (hence why someone delivers in the morning). Just visit the website to file a complaint.

USPS just delivered my wife's Ulta makeup shipment. Bottom of the box was ripped open on the side and a large chuck of the balloon pillow packing material was hanging out. She opens it up and none of her cosmetics are in the box, just the packing material. She did find one of her lipstick boxes on the side of the road that got ran over by a car or two.

To say the least, she is not happy.

USPS just delivered my wife's Ulta makeup shipment. Bottom of the box was ripped open on the side and a large chuck of the balloon pillow packing material was hanging out. She opens it up and none of her cosmetics are in the box, just the packing material. She did find one of her lipstick boxes on the side of the road that got ran over by a car or two.

To say the least, she is not happy.
ohhhhhhhh I feel her pain :cry:

Back
Top Bottom