Whats up with USPS?!

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
So for the first time I'm having crazy delays and screw ups. Needlessly lost a few hundred discoid and the last of my gold medal roaches after they were delayed to a member for almost a week. It actually took me calling them to get things sorted out because they messed up and almost sent it back to my address. I'm confused, all during covid there's been zero problems. USPS has actually been great to use for the past year or so that I've been doing bug orders. What is happening now that has things changed? Was reading into it a little, but there's not really a clear answer as to what's going on other than they're overwhelmed.

I also had a issue a couple weeks back not insects but a order from Amazon it was delayed 3 days keep getting updates saying my package would arrive by the end of the day but I couldn’t wait no longer called up Amazon and got a $20 credit and finally my order was delivered.

So for the first time I'm having crazy delays and screw ups. Needlessly lost a few hundred discoid and the last of my gold medal roaches after they were delayed to a member for almost a week. It actually took me calling them to get things sorted out because they messed up and almost sent it back to my address. I'm confused, all during covid there's been zero problems. USPS has actually been great to use for the past year or so that I've been doing bug orders. What is happening now that has things changed? Was reading into it a little, but there's not really a clear answer as to what's going on other than they're overwhelmed.
What has happened is that Covid is now growing rampant in too many states. I’d guess that many mail carriers are out sick. Before the virus crap, the guy who filled in for my regular carrier (who was on vacation) was about to lose or kill my feeder shipment.

Got a notification ?‍♂️
BE611FE5-D05C-4C3D-ACDA-A2238C949A1A.jpeg

What has happened is that Covid is now growing rampant in too many states. I’d guess that many mail carriers are out sick. Before the virus crap, the guy who filled in for my regular carrier (who was on vacation) was about to lose or kill my feeder shipment.

Things are actually up and running more so than they were a couple months ago and yet there was no delays back then. Deaths are way down in comparison to amounts of cases. We don't say the cold is running rampant when hundreds of thousands/millions get it and get over it just fine(sorry had to be a smartass lol). I don't buy that as the cause for the unnecessary screw ups. It's one thing to be delayed, another to be sending to the wrong addresses.

Word is trump and his people are doing this to undermine mail in voting(which I have no opinion on other than, once again, our president selection is between garbage and crap). I have no idea, maybe just a conspiracy. If true though, just another reason both our parties in this country suck and are willing to ruin people's lives to get what they want.

Last edited:
Things are actually up and running more so than they were a couple months ago and yet there was no delays back then. Deaths are way down in comparison to amounts of cases. We don't say the cold is running rampant when hundreds of thousands/millions get it and get over it just fine. I don't buy that as the cause for the unnecessary screw ups. It's one thing to be delayed, another to be sending to the wrong addresses.

Word is trump and his people are doing this to undermine mail in voting(which I have no opinion on other than, once again, our president selection is between garbage and crap). I have no idea, maybe just a conspiracy. If true though, just another reason both our parties in this country suck and are willing to ruin people's lives to get what they want.
Deaths may be down, but cases are up in many places and whether COVID, regular common cold or what have you, when people are sick they don’t go to work. Good point about Trump though...I didn’t come close to thinking about that. I just wish this whole COVID, politics, social uprising and all of it’s associated crap would just go away. I’m so very tired of this year, as I’m sure most if not all of us are. But this is the place I come to escape all of that, so let’s drop this conversation now.
Sorry that your bugs aren’t getting properly shipped, regardless of the cause. Hope you don’t have any more problems. I am curious about your “gold medal roaches”. Did they win the roach olympics or is there a competitive roach show? ;)

Deaths may be down, but cases are up in many places and whether COVID, regular common cold or what have you, when people are sick they don’t go to work. Good point about Trump though...I didn’t come close to thinking about that. I just wish this whole COVID, politics, social uprising and all of it’s associated crap would just go away. I’m so very tired of this year, as I’m sure most if not all of us are. But this is the place I come to escape all of that, so let’s drop this conversation now.
Sorry that your bugs aren’t getting properly shipped, regardless of the cause. Hope you don’t have any more problems. I am curious about your “gold medal roaches”. Did they win the roach olympics or is there a competitive roach show? ;)

See that's the thing, people do go to work, and prior to covid, were encouraged to go to work still when they were sick. Many of these people with covid are walking around just fine. Most don't even know they have it until their test comes up positive. So I'd imagine there are still plenty of employees at usps. Most of the people that are truly struggling with this are the elderly. Even compromised young people seem to be getting over it. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue one way or another about covid. I'm making my case for why I don't think it'd make sense that it's now messing up the postal service when prior to this there were way more deaths and shut downs, yet packages were doing fine.

I've felt like that before about leaving these conversations out of threads. We come here to escape the nonsense, I get it and share that feeling. The purpose was to talk about usps because it concerns something I spend a lot of time on in this hobby. So I'm obviously going to have opinions. I also have young kids which gives me a heightened sense of seeing the wrong being done for the sake of their futures(when previously I could have cared less), but that's a whole other discussion that I agree, should be left out of the forums.

You don't have to post if you don't like the conversations lol. I can see if I said this in someone else's thread, but this is my thread haha.

Oh and everyone is having problems, this isn't a one time case. Another package of mine has been delayed as well. So I'll probably have to stop sending stuff until this is over.

See that's the thing, people do go to work, and prior to covid, were encouraged to go to work still when they were sick. Many of these people with covid are walking around just fine. Most don't even know they have it until their test comes up positive. So I'd imagine there are still plenty of employees at usps. Most of the people that are truly struggling with this are the elderly. Even compromised young people seem to be getting over it. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue one way or another about covid. I'm making my case for why I don't think it'd make sense that it's now messing up the postal service when prior to this there were way more deaths and shut downs, yet packages were doing fine.

I've felt like that before about leaving these conversations out of threads. We come here to escape the nonsense, I get it and share that feeling. The purpose was to talk about usps because it concerns something I spend a lot of time on in this hobby. So I'm obviously going to have opinions. I also have young kids which gives me a heightened sense of seeing the wrong being done for the sake of their futures(when previously I could have cared less), but that's a whole other discussion that I agree, should be left out of the forums.

You don't have to post if you don't like the conversations lol. I can see if I said this in someone else's thread, but this is my thread haha.
Yes, this is your thread...but you still haven’t explained the gold medal roaches.

USPS is currently hiring new employees because a lot of the older employees have quit or gotten sick. It is a lot to learn for a new employee, and thats probably what your dude was (or maybe even that entire post office).

USPS is currently hiring new employees because a lot of the older employees have quit or gotten sick. It is a lot to learn for a new employee, and thats probably what your dude was (or maybe even that entire post office).

According to google, employees are complaining of policy changes for the reason of it backed up. My post office here still has all the same people that have been there as far as I can see. I realize many people probably work behind the scenes.

Ok, so there is a new policy change. It used to be you couldnt leave work until ALL mail was cleared from your station. Now it is, "leave work after your 8 hours is up" and save the rest for tomorrow. A lot of people are complaining because as you can imagine, this puts a ton of mail on hold. The voicemails that are flooding to this dude who made the policy change is unreal, and this new policy will not last long. People rely on usps too much for all these delays to be occurring.

Ok, so there is a new policy change. It used to be you couldnt leave work until ALL mail was cleared from your station. Now it is, "leave work after your 8 hours is up" and save the rest for tomorrow. A lot of people are complaining because as you can imagine, this puts a ton of mail on hold. The voicemails that are flooding to this dude who made the policy change is unreal, and this new policy will not last long. People rely on usps too much for all these delays to be occurring.

Thank you for checking that out, I ran out of time after texting up my rant :oops:. That makes a lot of sense. I need to look more into it, it's just very frustrating because usps is an important part of a lot of people's business.

Thank you for checking that out, I ran out of time after texting up my rant :oops:. That makes a lot of sense. I need to look more into it, it's just very frustrating because usps is an important part of a lot of people's business.
No problem. I didnt have to look it up since I work for USPS. Lol. It is absolutely frustrating, and Im sorry you are having to deal with it. A new "business minded" individual took over and doesnt want everyone to have so much overtime. Unfortunately, he is finding out the hard way that we need the overtime to ensure everyones mail is sent out THAT DAY. If it is delayed by 1 day at your facility, and then another day at the distributing center, then who knows how long it will delay your one piece of mail...not to mention the other thousands of pieces of mail that are right there with yours. Some people even have their medications shipped through USPS.

So I just did a quick read. Apparently this moron has told them to delay any packages that don't follow the typical route. How bad can you be at your job that you screw things up worse than they were during the peak of a pandemic?!

Also, if your package is over 10oz and only has handwriting and stamps, that is no longer acceptable. So make sure you are either printing your own labels with barcodes on them, or you take the package directly to the post office clerk. Or else your package will be delivered back to you.

Also, if your package is over 10oz and only has handwriting and stamps, that is no longer acceptable. So make sure you are either printing your own labels with barcodes on them, or you take the package directly to the post office clerk. Or else your package will be delivered back to you.

That's what I usually do is just write down the address, but I take it up to their desk. My post office does have a kiosk and drop off so that should work? For all the shipping I do, it's still a confusing mess for me haha.

That's what I usually do is just write down the address, but I take it up to their desk. My post office does have a kiosk and drop off so that should work? For all the shipping I do, it's still a confusing mess for me haha.
It wont work as a drop off or at a kiosk (unless the kiosk applies a barcode, im not sure about that).You will have to make sure a clerk puts a barcode tracker on it.

Back
Top Bottom