What's the best feeder combination?

melric

Established Member
I don't know if they're is a best combo. But, I use crickets, silks, supers, and hornworms. Anything else is too gross to touch. I'm also trying mantids and stick bugs soon.

pssh

Avid Member
As many as possible with the fattier ones being used less often. I try to stay away from a "staple" so they dont get bored.

Mr Wilson

We try to keep our guys well rounded. We stopped using crickets because it's just a pain in the butt. They smell, they don't last long, and they are just a pain to constantly clean up after. That being said, we use Dubias, hissing roaches (when we get them at a show), hornworms, superworms, and when they are available silkies and butterworms. Not all at the same time, of course ;)

melric

Established Member
We try to keep our guys well rounded. We stopped using crickets because it's just a pain in the butt. They smell, they don't last long, and they are just a pain to constantly clean up after. That being said, we use Dubias, hissing roaches (when we get them at a show), hornworms, superworms, and when they are available silkies and butterworms. Not all at the same time, of course ;)
I suggest the black cricket hybrid's. They last forever. For e v e r. lol Sandlot.:D

Mr Wilson

haha nice Sandlot reference. We're just not going to use crickets anymore. Where do you even get these hybrid crickets? Do they produce 1.21 jiggawatts or something?

melric

Established Member
haha nice Sandlot reference. We're just not going to use crickets anymore. Where do you even get these hybrid crickets? Do they produce 1.21 jiggawatts or something?
I got them at the show from Rainbow. Here is a good/long thread about them. https://www.chameleonforums.com/black-crickets-52876/ They just last longer and have more meat on them. They're larger than the average cricket.
Jiggawatts :D Back to the future! lol

buzz

dubias are a very nice feeder. They are easy to breed and they don't really smell all that bad. My chameleon loves them.

Red Island

Established Member
Clean and natural wild caught feeders are best. What is the best feeder gut-load is a better question. Empty feeders are not good in any combination.

Top Bottom