What's the average time it take male panther to want to breed?

brien

I have a 1.5 year old proven male but I introduced him to one of my females which is 1.8 years old and receptive but he seems like he just isn't interested in her and more scared of her. She is receptive and showing the pink colors and not try to fight or scare him off she actually goes towards him a lot but he runs off is this normal sometimes?

I have a 1.5 year old proven male but I introduced him to one of my females which is 1.8 years old and receptive but he seems like he just isn't interested in her and more scared of her. She is receptive and showing the pink colors and not try to fight or scare him off she actually goes towards him a lot but he runs off is this normal sometimes?

Maybe he doesn't want to breed now. Do you introduce them everyday?

Here are a few suggestions:
1. Don't have them near each other's sights for 2-3 weeks. Then reintroduce them, maybe the abscence will attract the love
2. Wait until the spring. It's getting cooler, and I've noticed a slight decrease in food intake and basking time, with all of my lizards. Once it starts to get warmer, reintroduce them.

LPR08

My panters usually do not want to breed in winter.

On the other hand, I have a verrucosus who is interested in young females only. In such a case, he is on female's back in ten seconds. This male started to breed at he age of 15 months, one of his sons started to be interested in breeding at the age of 3 or 4 months.

Bring another man into the picture! :) get the testosterone flowing! My weird little Sambava only did the deed when he was shown a smaller male jacksons.

Back
Top Bottom