What's in your library? V.2

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all-

More recently, I have been looking into getting more chameleon (or reptile themed) books to add to my collection.

This discussion started in 2007, just a couple of months before I joined; here is the original link https://www.chameleonforums.com/whats-your-library-5416/

So what do you have in your collection?

Currently in my possession (some are at my parents house and I don't remember which I actually have) I only have is The Biology of Chameleons ISBN:978-0520276055.

I am hoping to get Jan Stipala's Mountain Dragons
In search of chameleon diversity in the highlands of Kenya".

Also on my wishlist is Incubation of Reptile Eggs: Basics, Guidelines, Experiences, Chameleons of Africa, An Atlas including the chameleons of Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and Stump-tailed Chameleons: Miniature Dragons of the Rainforest.

What all do you have on your wishlist?

Chase

A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar by Frank Glaw and Miguel Vences.
A Field Guide to the Reptiles of East Africa by Stephen Spawls, Kim Howell, Robert Drewes and James Ashe.
Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar and the Mascarene, Seychelles and Comoro Islands by Friedrich-Wilhelm Henkel and Wolfgang Schmidt.
Care and Breeding of Chameleons by Philippe de Vosjoli and Gary Ferguson.
Chameleons by Chris Mattison and Nick Garbutt.
Chameleons in Captivity by Connie Dorval.
Chameleons: Johann von Fischer and other Perspectives by James B. Murphy.
Chameleons of Africa by Colin Tilbury.
Chameleons of Southern Africa by Krystal Tolley and Marius Burger.
Chameleons; Nature’s Hidden Jewels by Petr Necas.
Chameleons; Their Care and Breeding by Linda J. Davison.
Herpetology; an Introductory Biology of Amphibians and Reptiles by George R. Zug, Laurie J. Vitt and Janalee P. Caldwell.
Lizards; Windows to the Evolution of Diversity by Eric R. Pianka and Laurie J. Vitt.
Madagascar; the Eighth Continent by Peter Tyson.
Masters of Disguise; a Natural History of Chameleons by James Martin.
Mountain Dragons; In Search of Chameleons in the highlands of Kenya by Jan Stipala
Stump-Tailed Chameleons; Miniature Dragons of the Rainforest by Petr Necas and Wolfgang Schmidt.
The Biology of Chameleons by Krystal A. Tolley and Anthony Herrel
The Chameleon Handbook by Francois Le Berre.
The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles by Bo Beolens.
The Panther Chameleon; Color Variation, Natural History, Conservation and Captive Management by Gary W. Ferguson, James B. Murphy, Jean-Baptiste Ramanamanjato and Achille P. Raselimanana.
Understanding Reptile Parasites by Roger J. Klingenberg, DVM.

My current go-to books are the Chameleons of Africa and Mountain Dragons. If you can only get one or two books those would be the ones to save for.

I'm hoping to get the Mountain Dragons book for my birthday, so hopefully next week it will be here

Chase

Back
Top Bottom