Whats In A Name?

TheMentor

hey friends and folks, thought it would be fun if we gave some background on our forum-names~

SO..to start things off, here's mine!

The Mentor (A.K.A. Lloyd Blankenship)
he was a hacker in the 1980s for a small anti-elitist group called "Masters Of Deception" which came after his old group "Legion Of Doom"

He was arrested for being falsely accused of crashing AT&T servers in the early 90's which even AT&T said he did not do, his house was raided in feburary of 1988 by the FBI.

Shortly after his arrest (15minutes to be exact) he wrote something which is now referred to as "The Hackers Manifesto" which is much like a bible to the people it speaks to (myself being one of them). you can find it on www.technozen.com/manifesto.htm (not html)

to the people who don't approve of even ethical hacking (yea there IS a such thing) i urge you to read this because it could change your life forever as it did mine.

thanks for reading, looking forward to reading your responses and name info :D

Great meaningful history of your name. My name is my first initial and last name.
I'd like to hear from ironlung as well ;)

Lets see...favorite color is red and Lupin is the name of an anime that I love to watch.

Arsène Lupin III (ルパン三世, Rupan Sansei?) is the grandson of Arsène Lupin. He is the world's most wanted thief. Often in his adventures, he takes it upon himself and his gang to foil other criminals engaged in more serious crimes. He sometimes appears incompetent, but mostly as a charade to catch his opponents off guard. While he has been arrested and thrown in jail on a number of occasions, he has always managed to break out.

lol, i've watched lupin the 3rd before, and my sun is totally better, and its more mine! haha! :)
yea, dankmeleon's must be good..
i dont really know why i came up with this post idea, i hope it gets more and more fun :)
enjoy all ;)

Julirs
Juli-first name
R-First letter of middle name
S-first letter of last name
Has been my internet identity for a million years, thus JulirsChameleons!

yea, nice band, you might like a band called protest the hero, they're pretty relevant.
post some more all! :D

Mine is 'Siders' my real name is Cindy, at my work place an old guy mistook my name for sidney and some of the others used to call me Cinders then Siders stuck when my task manager called me it! Siders it is then, that to me is almost like a boys name like being accepted as one of the lads as my job is very male orientated lol.

well my redfl83 Is my team aberdeen play in red the FL means for life & 83 as thats when we won a european cup in football beating Real Madrid
So sad we couldn't do that now
Oh yeah im female too who luvs Football

sadly, my username is without flavourful backstory. It is but my name and my hobby combined. I considered using the name of my first chameleon, but that would have made all the other jealous.

ah, very neat! :)
i'm liking this thread alot, it gives a real insight on the things that are important to people in my opinion:rolleyes:

Roni is my nickname ie: veRONIca
and 13 is my favorite number (also the date of my birthday)
One of my favorite b-days was my sweet 16 on Friday the 13th :D
I added the zero when on one site Roni13 was taken, its been Roni013 for everything since :rolleyes: I know its riviting

Back
Top Bottom