What's his butt doing?

Trestlechild

My 8mo or a year old chameleon's butt did something I've never seen before today. It was open kind of wide, and appeared full of something white. I don't see blood or redness. He had a healthy looking but small poop with normal white urate earlier today.

I know the picture quality is terrible, it's washed out because of the lights and the angle. Right before I got the picture he puffed up at me and closed his butt most of the way. If you look closely you can see that it's still partly open with white stuff visible.

Attachments

• IMG_3488.JPG
    IMG_3488.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 175
I can't tell by the picture, but could be a sperm plug. Just an FYI, auto-correct wanted to say supermarket plug. I think my answer is better :D.

Lol supermarket plug. Do they take long to come out? He was sitting for a few minutes at least that I saw. Also I thought they were smaller diameter than poop. This defínately would have been on the wide side.

Are you sure that's a him?

Fairly sure, although I'm new to chams. Found what I think are tarsal spurs on the back feet and I've never seen gavid colors. Do the females have stripes? This guy does.

Pic of spurs

Attachments

• IMG_3489.JPG
    IMG_3489.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 104
Sperm plugs don't always come out easy. If it stays in more than a couple days I would recommend giving a warm shower to help him get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom