Whats better reptisun 5.0 tube or the 10.0 tube

DraaKo

I was wondering about the 10.0 reptisun tube? Would it be better or should i just stick to the 5.0? No one seems to talk about it and i have a mesh 175 gal cage,But i want the light to get to my chameleon with no problems.

Is it for a Veiled? If it is then stick with the 5.0, 10.0 you could use if it was older. But definitly stick with the 5.0. I wouldn't suggest the 10.0 used or not.

UVB - 290-310NM
Range - 12 inches
percentage - 5%

UVB 290-310NM
Range - 24 inches
percentage - 10%

Those are the differences between the Reptisun 5.0 and 10.0 UVB fluorescent bulbs. Many users only upgrade to the 10.0 with tall cages other then that the 5.0 works just fine granted you change the bulb every 5-6 months.

just so i am clear on this, it won't hurt my panther to upgrade to a rep cal 10? so that it will be a bit brighter in the cage?
i am sure i am being irritating,i just want everything just right when my guy gets here on mon or tues.

A few things to take into account is how deep the cage will be in terms of height and the density of the screen. Remember that the screen material on a cage will reduce the amount of light that will get through. My cage is 4 feet tall and uses small screen material. So I decided to go with a 10.0 reptisun mounted 12 inches away from the nearest basking branch. The best way to know how much uv rays get through is with a uv light meter. They can be expensive though. But you save money in the long run.

No there is nothing wrong with using the 10.0. Just make sure you raise it up off the cage so that the Cham isn't over-exposed to UVB or sun burnt.

I know this is an old thread but the title is what I need to know.
Sorry for the hijake :eek:
I have been using a glass exo terra with a mesh top & in the process of changing to a zoo med reptibreeze, I have been using a repti glo 10 on top of the exo terra mesh as I was told that If I had the tube inside the cage/viv then use a 5 ?
I have read that using a uvb 5 tube with a fly type mesh screen & reflector you would lose about 35% uvb, so is it right to say a 10 would double the output thus making up for what you have lost ?

Back
Top Bottom