What you think this is?

Bizzle90

So, for the past couple weeks my chameleon has had this spot on his body, I originally thought it was just a patch of shedding that is taking longer than usual, but now I'm sort of concerned..Could it be a burn?

Here are some pics, tell me what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 177
I can't quite make out if that patch of skin (under the unshed bits) is greyer than the surrounding or not. Is the texture of the skin patch different than the surrounding skin? If it is a burn it is not a deep one. You could always dab some Polysporin on it and watch to see if anything changes. The Polysporin will protect it, resist infection, or it won't do anything at all. Won't hurt.

I can't quite make out if that patch of skin (under the unshed bits) is greyer than the surrounding or not. Is the texture of the skin patch different than the surrounding skin? If it is a burn it is not a deep one. You could always dab some Polysporin on it and watch to see if anything changes. The Polysporin will protect it, resist infection, or it won't do anything at all. Won't hurt.

I just took a real close look at it, it may not be a burn, maybe just unshedding. The texture is very similar. The Polysporin is safe? I'll try that out, thanks!

cant tell exactly from the pics but he looks like he is about to shed to me.

another thing i noticed in the picture is that the fake leave's are being chewed on. They dont look like they are reptile safe and im sure he can easily pulll them off and ingest them. to decrease the possbility of impaction i would take the fake plants out and switch them for live. a great live plant that vines is a pathos. they grow quickly and are very forgiving.

cant tell exactly from the pics but he looks like he is about to shed to me.

another thing i noticed in the picture is that the fake leave's are being chewed on. They dont look like they are reptile safe and im sure he can easily pulll them off and ingest them. to decrease the possbility of impaction i would take the fake plants out and switch them for live. a great live plant that vines is a pathos. they grow quickly and are very forgiving.

Thanks, but where do you see chewed leaves? Can't seem to find it, the lighter green plant is a live plant, the rest are fakes.

I wonder if it's just a trick of the camera angle? Sometimes it's hard to tell if a leaf is chewed or curved.

Is his spine that white in real life or is that special for the photograph?

I just took a real close look at it, it may not be a burn, maybe just unshedding. The texture is very similar. The Polysporin is safe? I'll try that out, thanks!

Yes, Polysporin is safe. Don't use the type with painkillers. You could also use Neosporin, but I've read that Poly is more compatible with herp skin.

Here are a couple more pictures of the burn/shed problem, or whatever it happens to be.

Is Polysporin safe to use?

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 89
the fake plants you have in your cage dont appear to be reptile safe. They can easily be pulled away from the plastic they are glued to and the chameleon will ingest it. this could lead to impaction. i strongly recommend you changing these out for live plants.

rtg8s1.jpg

28uqx6s.jpg

the fake plants you have in your cage dont appear to be reptile safe. They can easily be pulled away from the plastic they are glued to and the chameleon will ingest it. this could lead to impaction. i strongly recommend you changing these out for live plants.
/QUOTE]

I'll take your word for it - are they're any fake plants that are reptile safe? I have one real plant in the center covering most the cage..

My guy had trouble this last shed. It kinda looks like he has lost his Spikes on his back? Im hoping too see improvement next shed?

Back
Top Bottom