What wild caught food is toxic?

Sorry i can justify spending plenty of.money for my chams but buying organic food to feed my crickets is.where i.personally draw the line. If i dont draw a line i would end up growing veggies to feed my feeders and collecting rain water etc.

Sorry i can justify spending plenty of.money for my chams but buying organic food to feed my crickets is.where i.personally draw the line. If i dont draw a line i would end up growing veggies to feed my feeders and collecting rain water etc.

Everyone must draw the line somewhere. However, if you have read studies of genetically modified foods you may have a better understanding on why certified organic is better and costs the same. Just imagine how much better insects caught from organic crops would be?

603701_450159488368527_761535164_n.jpg

I just feed my feeders what i have in the house lettus carrots good stuff just not organic. Maybe I should consider changing the way I eat as well. I can justify it because it will help my chams ;).

Oh i have read studies by the way and we only genetically modify four foods conola, soy, corn, and one more i cant remember. Netflix has several very good documentaries. But there is a big difference between organic and genetically modified.

Oh i have read studies by the way and we only genetically modify four foods conola, soy, corn, and one more i cant remember. Netflix has several very good documentaries. But there is a big difference between organic and genetically modified.

That is true those are the main GMO foods. However, you will not know if there are more because they are not required by law to tell you. California is one of the only states trying to pass a law that requires the labels to say if they are GMOs. Many insect gutloads have soy and corn in them.

Also, even if they are not GMO foods, most likely non-organic crops are sprayed by mansanto's herbicides and pesticides.

My brother didn't believe in this theory and always fed his dartfrogs wc bugs from his yard. He has his lawn treated regularly by a fertilizer company. One day they came to his house and put down a granular fertlizer and herbicide. The same day he still caught and fed the crickets in his yard to his dartfrogs. :( The next morning all his darts were dead. Not one survived. I still think wc bugs can be an excellent feeder, you just have to be smart about it.

You know its sad we cant feed WC insects without worrying about whether or not we poisened them

There are many great places to catch wc bugs. For example, nature preserves or public parks with dense woods and walking paths. These areas in most cases are not treated with pesticides or herbicides.

Rural areas are where most pesticides and herbicides are used because that's where the crops are.

True there are a lot more stuff for farming and development, but in the bayous of Houston and Baton Rouge where West Nile sprays, fire ant killer, and just about every other pest killer are sprayed every day, these are the types that I'm the most worried about. I suppose I used the word rural a bit loosely. She lives on a large property in the woods. An area similar to what tkilgour was talking about gathering feeders in.

most populated state and public parks spray on a regular for up keep. You can always go off the trails though into the thicket.

grasshoppers

for some reason there is tons of them this year up here and my young veiled has been loving them,

Lubber Hopper

Smackey if you Google Lubber grass hopper you will get a ton of images. I am not saying everything you Google up is accurate, but its a start. I was wondering also and I recognized them instantly. They are Red,Yellow, and Black! So as mentioned WARNING_ Bahmp Bahmp!

EricB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom