what veg will panthers eat

Oh really.. I put a small piece of carrot in his cage, didn't see him eat it but half of it was eaten. Don't know if he didn't like it or that's all he wanted

That sucks cause i've been mostly feeding crickets, some super worms and just got a cup of horn worms and now i feel like he doesnt want to touch the crickets. I cup feed and free range, but it seems like he hasnt eating one cricket. I have seen him eat a super worm and 2-3 horn worms the past few days but thats about it. Hes almost 5 months in a few days so hes still small, but is it maybe cause those worms are big and filling?? Or am i getting a hunger strike on crickets

Sounds like he has found something he likes better than crickets. Some chams are known for ditching crickets and sticking with supers and other worms. It's not that crickets are the choice feeder, but once they get hooked on supers, it is very hard for you to get them back on crickets. My male panther lived on "gutloaded" supers and other worms. You want to gutload supers as you would crickets.

Yeah I put in some potato and the supers a hour later ate the whole thing

Potatoes are not a good food for feeders. You need fruits and veg high in calcium, low in phosphorus. Collard, turnip greens, carrots, squashes, etc. look under Sandrachameleons blogs and you will find great info there. Your chams are what they eat. Do not use spinach or broccoli as gutload, it binds the calcium the absorb.

gutload with something better than potatoes. Use fresh dark greens, and other fruits and vegetables like you would with your crickets. Yes, you probably have created a monster with the worms! I am in the same boat and mine lost interest at about 7 months and completely quit eating them about a month later. He is now almost 12 months old and I still will go and buy like 10 or so at the pet store but he wont budge! So I have been feeding supers, horns and silks. Yours is still pretty young though to get fussy so fast!!! Supers must taste like steak to them or something!!!.

as draetish once taught me, supers will eat anything a cricket will. If you really want your cham to eat crickets go a week without giving him anything. throw a couple crix in there on the seventh day. if your cham attacks them, its back on crix. If it doesnt work give it a good feed of what it likes & try to go a week without anything again. A cham that will devour anything you put infront of it is a real bonus. I dont suggest trying this if there are any drinking issues. If you starve out your cham, hydration is exponentially important. Even if you dont want to go this route right now you may have to one day if your cham doesnt want to eat anything. Some get really picky as they get older.

Some panthers will indeed eat fruit and veg.
For me, its mostly been the females. They liked leafy greens (dandelion, romaine) and to eat their plants. One would eat thinly sliced fruit if I left it in her feeding cup.

Oh really.. I put a small piece of carrot in his cage, didn't see him eat it but half of it was eaten. Don't know if he didn't like it or that's all he wanted

mine will eat trips of carrot peel, bits of cucumber and other assorted fruits and veg, but he always tries to zap them with his tongue, and wet veggies dont zap easily. I put the fruit or veggies into his mouth while hes trying to zap it and then he just bites down and enjoys.

Super chow

Steve Simms sells super chow. I bought some last month and have used it ever since great stuff. i have a few chams that wont eat anything but supers. i dont know his user name i am sure some one here dose.

user name

Steve Simms sells super chow. I bought some last month and have used it ever since great stuff. i have a few chams that wont eat anything but supers. i dont know his user name i am sure some one here dose.

SSimsswiss

Back
Top Bottom