What type of Thermometer do you use?

ChameleonBoss

I should have a thermometer in the cage right? and what about something to measure humidity. what are you finding is the best to measure these?

For temps I use a temperature gun. The digital thermometers with the probes are OK, but I have found them to be off most of the time. Temp guns instantly read the temp in any spot you want, and are within a degree or 2. Digitals I have noticed can be off as much as 7+ degrees and are usually as much as 3-5 degrees off. I never bought the really expensive ones though, so maybe those are more accurate. There wasn't a need when I could just buy a temp gun.

They are a little more expensive but last a very long time too!

I use a combo temp/ humidity it is called acu rite I buy them at Walmart for about $10

Cool that's all you need right? And just set it up near the top of the cage? What section of Wal Mart would you find it in?(I feel like everytime I go to the store and ask them, they have no clue)

For temps I use a temperature gun. The digital thermometers with the probes are OK, but I have found them to be off most of the time. Temp guns instantly read the temp in any spot you want, and are within a degree or 2. Digitals I have noticed can be off as much as 7+ degrees and are usually as much as 3-5 degrees off. I never bought the really expensive ones though, so maybe those are more accurate. There wasn't a need when I could just buy a temp gun.

They are a little more expensive but last a very long time too!

Thanks but I think I'm going cheaper haha.

Back
Top Bottom