What to get?

fuellass

I'm getting a Jackon's Chameleon (male) soon and have already ordered the 24"X24"X48" screened enclosure. I'm debating on getting a humidifier and King Mister, one or both being that it is a screen enclosure I don't want the water everywhere and the set up will be in my room. Can I safely run these without coming home to water all over my walls?

Mistking. ;)

ANd its such a fine mist, that as long as you dont run it for 5 minutes at atime, and make sure you have a bunch of live plants in there, it wont make a real mess.

Thanks, I got it and set it up it works great. I set it for every 2 hours for 25 seconds each starting from 6am to 8pm. My female Jackson died yesterday but the male is still hanging in there. So far he ate 2 houseflies and 1 cricket since Tuesday. I got my Jackson's from LLL Reptile. They said they would work with me on the problems that I have if any of the Jackson's don't make it. Here is some pictures of the set up.

I put the misting system in the upper two corners, the reptifogger I put on the right side of the cage. The tubing was too short and flimsy so I picked up pvc piping from Lowe's and stuck it in the exhaust portion of the unit and painted it black. I make shifted 2 drip units (one in the back left and one in the front right from small containers tubing and air valves). There's a ficus in there now that seems to be doing ok (that's the only plant in there). Then I purchased a bunch of sandblasted grapewood of diffrerent sizes that I arranged on the bottom. There's a 5.0 uvb and a 25 watt basking spot. The basking are is around 79 degrees F and the humidity there is at around 50% whereas the cool spot of the cage towards the right front is at around 72 degrees F with a humidity of around 80%. The two bulbs cycle from 6am to 6pm and I chose not to go with a night uv. Any suggestions?

Also, since Tuesday the female is now dead and the male like I said ate one cricket and 2 houseflies. His eyes don't seem sunken in but I don't see him drinking a whole lot. should I be concerned with the male too?

fuellass
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg