What to feed my new feeders? (are they moths?)

PINki

I bought this insects
western_bean_cutworm_moth.jpg

What do they eat?
How long do they live?

Most moths don't eat. You can try some sugar/water it may take some. They eat in their larva states, and most just mate and lay eggs as moths, and then die.

You bought it as a feeder and don't know what it is?

I don't know english name for it...

I know it in my language (slovenian).

Do you maybe know how long they live? 1 week? 1 month? They were expensive so I don't want them to die too fast.

I bought them to make him various diet. Staple are dubias and crickets. I feed him superworms also 1-2/1 week.

I don't know english name for it...

I know it in my language (slovenian).

Do you maybe know how long they live? 1 week? 1 month? They were expensive so I don't want them to die too fast.

I bought them to make him various diet. Staple are dubias and crickets. I feed him superworms also 1-2/1 week.

what is the slovainian name for it? i may be able to translate. if not, someone else probably could.

Singular: vešča
Plural: vešče

for Š and Č try S and C, if u can't find translation...

Is there a way to contact the company you bought them from to ask for a care sheet or any information they have that can help to house them or get their life expectancy?

Is there a way to contact the company you bought them from to ask for a care sheet or any information they have that can help to house them or get their life expectancy?

It's a petshop, and I doubt they know something about them. I asked and the girld told me to give them carrots or cucumber... They didn't touch it. (she seemed to me that she didn't have idea what is she talking about- like if I was buying crix)

And their insects are poor, cause I saw locusts ALL dead, maybe 1-2 alive, and she told me if I take em I'll get 50% discount... LOL I would than rather go out and hunt them by myself lol.

So I won't feed them anything, I give them to my cham just to get more interested in hunting, little exercise. And their nutritional value isn't important cause they are too small, it's like he wouldn't eat them. It's just like munching some wings.

It looks like a cutworm moth. They dont live long, but Im sure make a good enrichment feeder.

I agree with sandrachameleon. Looks like cutworm moths. Once they hatch out of their pupae, they no longer eat. All they do from this point on is hunt down a mate, copulate and die. I'm not sure what the lifespan is at this point but I know it's not too long.

Back
Top Bottom