What to feed my Jackson Chameleon???

AlanG

Can someone please give me a list of what I can feed my Jackson chameleon other than boring Crickets ?? :/

-Thank you! :D

Yes you can feed worms but I would do hornworms and silkworms before supers and no wax worms for me. You can also feed Blue Bottles flies which are a favorite of Jacksons, snails,stick bugs,roaches, moths, etc, etc.

My veiled has made it apparent, he loves his crickets. I tried getting him some Dubias. I put both in his cup...he cleans out the crickets in no time flat, and leaves the roaches. Then in the afternoon when he is looking for a snack, he goes back to his cup...looks at what is in there, and begrudingly eats them. I think I see him sigh as well...lol

Yes you can feed worms but I would do hornworms and silkworms before supers and no wax worms for me. You can also feed Blue Bottles flies which are a favorite of Jacksons, snails,stick bugs,roaches, moths, etc, etc.
Thank you!! And I've herd that to much Wax worms and Super worms are bad for them is that true ?
And they can eat snails to?!?! woow! I didn't know that lol They have to be small though right ?
And about the horn worms do I feed him the baby ones or just the full grown ones ? I'm scared that the horn will injure him :(

Thank you!! And I've herd that to much Wax worms and Super worms are bad for them is that true ?
And they can eat snails to?!?! woow! I didn't know that lol They have to be small though right ?
And about the horn worms do I feed him the baby ones or just the full grown ones ? I'm scared that the horn will injure him :(

It's always a good idea to feed the appropriate size feeders. I capture wild snails allow them to lay eggs then move the eggs to a new container and discard the wild caught snails. I'm currently on my first generation of CB snails.:) I don't feed wax worms as I've heard they are too fatty and I haven't seen good results when feeding them. I do feed super worms but usually only once a week or so. There is absolutely no way one of my Jackson's could eat a full grown Hornworm. Those things are huge! Hornworms of about 1" +- are a good size for a sub adult/adult Jackson's

It's always a good idea to feed the appropriate size feeders. I capture wild snails allow them to lay eggs then move the eggs to a new container and discard the wild caught snails. I'm currently on my first generation of CB snails.:) I don't feed wax worms as I've heard they are too fatty and I haven't seen good results when feeding them. I do feed super worms but usually only once a week or so. There is absolutely no way one of my Jackson's could eat a full grown Hornworm. Those things are huge! Hornworms of about 1" +- are a good size for a sub adult/adult Jackson's

Thanks for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom