What to feed baby Chams :)

Sky11

Hello! I am new to owning a chameleon and he hasn't gotten here yet because I'm waiting until my setup is ready but I have already purchased him! He is going to be a Nosy Faly panther chameleon and he's going to be around 3-4 months. I'm super excited but my question is what are good starter bugs for baby Chams? I have done research on what bugs you should feed them in general but since I have never had a chameleon I don't know which bugs are going to be too big. Also I am wondering when I should order the bugs. Should I wait until they get here a couple days before my Cham gets here or is having them for like a week ok? Anything helps thanks!

I was thinking of ordering some small mealworms, small Superworms and some extra small Dubia Roaches that are 1/4"

Uhhh you sure hes only going to be 90 ish days old? Most dont sell/ship till around 5 months old.

But pin head/2 week crickets, blue bottle flies, flightless fruit flies, BSFL, lesser meal worms

I was thinking of ordering some small mealworms, small Superworms and some extra small Dubia Roaches that are 1/4"

instead of those meal worms, get lesser meal worms. Also its always a good time to start a dubia colony, but babies rarely eat them.

Uhhh you sure hes only going to be 90 ish days old? Most dont sell/ship till around 5 months old.

But pin head/2 week crickets, blue bottle flies, flightless fruit flies, BSFL, lesser meal worms
you're right he's going to be around 4-5 months and thank you!

For a baby baby micro superworms might be too big. Try super small insects: Fruit flies are great! Small BSFL. Extra small crickets. ?(y)

you're right he's going to be around 4-5 months and thank you!
in that case, just go with smaller sized insects from the chart.
1606255799262.png

Back
Top Bottom