What to do?

ridgebax1

Avid Member
So I have broken down both my cages, lights and misting system and stored them in my shed until I am ready for another chameleon. I had some artificial greens in the cages which will be no trouble to clean or sterilize but what about those fake bendy vines? Would it be possible to clean them with bleach or Nolvosan? They are quite pricey so if they could be cleaned I would rather do that or do you all think it would be better to pitch them and just accumulate new ones periodically so when I am ready to dress the cages I can start with new ones? I am kind of leaning toward pitching them and starting over, but would like to hear what the more experienced keepers think.

If it was me I would keep them, all I would do is spray a product called Healthy Habitat by Natural Chemistry on them. Spray them down real good, give a quick scrub and then seal them in a ziploc, They are pretty pricey so I would keep the ziploc in your closet or somewhere that the bag wont get old or that the seal could get broken and bugs infect the branches.. Goodluck !:D

I would save your vines. They do get a bit spendy. I always save mine. I use a diluted Nolvossan spray. I use that on my cages everyday. You can get it at the beautiful dragon website. Or you can buy a gallon on Amazon. I have been working off the same gallon for years.

Back
Top Bottom