What to do with the back of the cage???

The foliage in this enclosure looks beautiful, how do you keep your hibiscus so healthy mine always seem to die off when i cant rotate them outside in the winter months.

The foliage in this enclosure looks beautiful, how do you keep your hibiscus so healthy mine always seem to die off when i cant rotate them outside in the winter months.
I actually don't know how lol. I have to rotate it outside for a couple hours every 3 weeks or so because I notice the leaves get droopy. I think mine gets witty because it doesn't get that much water while its in the cage; the water I spray falls off the leaves and down to other leaves and doesn't actually get to the pot. But when I take it outside I water it down really good and it perks right back up. I also cut off a lot of branches so that no two branches are touching each other. This gives my chameleon more room to move between branches.

Ya the leaves do get droopy when they need a watering. I have 2 that have been outside for a good chunk of the summer, its time to take them inside now and im worried they are going to shock and stress and probably die hahaha. You must have gotten lucky with that plant, looks to be thriving with such a simple light set up!

Ya the leaves do get droopy when they need a watering. I have 2 that have been outside for a good chunk of the summer, its time to take them inside now and im worried they are going to shock and stress and probably die hahaha. You must have gotten lucky with that plant, looks to be thriving with such a simple light set up!

I bought it at home depot and it was outdoors in full sun and I was lucky it didn't have any problems when I moved it inside.

I have given up on the real plants. I was doing more work picking up loose and dead leaves on a daily basis than maintaining their enclosures.
I bought a fake ficus tree that had 3 stems from the base. I then cut the main stems and put one into each enclosure for foliage and I insert the bottom of the stem into a larger deli container filled with sand. I'll try to remember to take a pic later.

I have given up on the real plants. I was doing more work picking up loose and dead leaves on a daily basis than maintaining their enclosures.
I bought a fake ficus tree that had 3 stems from the base. I then cut the main stems and put one into each enclosure for foliage and I insert the bottom of the stem into a larger deli container filled with sand. I'll try to remember to take a pic later.
yes please post some pics of that I would love to see how you do it. I am building another cage and I need some ideas for the enclosure!

Love the set up, im not sure if anyone mentioned this, didn't read all comments, the only thing im concerned about is the feeders getting out, since that's a wider mesh. Obviously cup feeding an option

Love the set up, im not sure if anyone mentioned this, didn't read all comments, the only thing im concerned about is the feeders getting out, since that's a wider mesh. Obviously cup feeding an option
Thanks! I use the cup and I hand feed him, and he prefers to be hand fed because he is a spoiled brat lol, but when I do hand feed him, I some times accidentally drop a cricket and they fall down into the plants and I can't find them but I have gotten to the point where I don't care if I find crickets around the house lol.

yes please post some pics of that I would love to see how you do it. I am building another cage and I need some ideas for the enclosure!
20180911_210548.jpg
20180911_210537.jpg
20180911_210533.jpg

These are my current setup with the fake ficus tree branches for foliage. I insert the base into sand. The middle picture is for the females which doubles as a lay bin. No more dead leaves, broken leaves and hiding crickets under the pots and in the plants.

Back
Top Bottom