What to do with the back of the cage???

aguallo123

So I built this cage recently for my panther chameleon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I should dots the back of the cage. I have a ficus, hibiscus, and umbrella plant along with some pathos growing at the bottom. The back of the cage is a window that slides up if I wanted to open it but the main reason I wanted to use it was because I didn't want the water to spray through the cage and hit the walls. I want to know what should do to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Should I paint it? rock wall? suction cup fake plants? Any and all suggestions are valuable to me thanks!!!
IMG-1155.JPG
IMG-1154.JPG

I bought a fake plant wall for the same reason. Idk where you can get yours but I purchased mine at those stores where all they have is fake flowers/plants/trees/bushes, like for decorations, home, funerals, etc. :)
Thanks! That is a great idea and that looks good too. I will look around to see where they sell them.(y)

Cage is beautiful and very well foliage packed , what’s your current lighting situation. I see one light? I am saying what I see...Chams need a linear t5ho uvb light and a basking light separately...if I’m wrong about the lights my bad :) just trying to help ...nice looking enclosure

Cage is beautiful and very well foliage packed , what’s your current lighting situation. I see one light? I am saying what I see...Chams need a linear t5ho uvb light and a basking light separately...if I’m wrong about the lights my bad :) just trying to help ...nice looking enclosure
I have a 36'' reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb and asseverate basking bulb. Sorry the picture didn't show them both.

Attachments

• IMG-1160.JPG
    IMG-1160.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 258
I use 5 or 6 of the eco terra jungle plant vines size large and hang them across the back. This is an unfinished pic of the cage but it shows what I'm using.

Attachments

• 20180801_213224.jpg
    20180801_213224.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 272
Yeah i like it too. Where did you get the tubs for the bottom. Dont have good resources where i live. Have to order online just about everything. Even petsmart sucks where i live. Sorry that was for memeber 44937

Where did you purchase the base for your cages? It looks like just the thing I need for the new cage I am building. :)
Hydroponic store -it is called flood table. This one is 24x24. Not cheap though. Try looking on craigslist for used ones..which is what I did. I got mine for 20 each. Bought 9 of them but really should only need 4 or 5 of them. PM me if you want me to ship one to you...but I suspect shipping will be more than its worth

I just started putting it together. This is what it looks like hung on the back of the enclosure. I think it will look nice as a back drop. View attachment 211492

OK so i've been using this for a month or so and I do not recommend this if you are a live free range feeder. The crickets all hide behind the leaves between the screen and the leaves. I found 2 dozen crickets hiding back there that I hav to slowly find and take out. I'm probably going to be removing this from the back of the cages. I also find the chameleons not climbing onto the leaves because they are so flat that it looks pretty much like a wall to them.

OK so i've been using this for a month or so and I do not recommend this if you are a live free range feeder. The crickets all hide behind the leaves between the screen and the leaves. I found 2 dozen crickets hiding back there that I hav to slowly find and take out. I'm probably going to be removing this from the back of the cages. I also find the chameleons not climbing onto the leaves because they are so flat that it looks pretty much like a wall to them.
Oh dang thats insane! I still haven't figured out what I am going to do with the sides to cover them but I'm thinking I will use Great Stuff foam to cover the back of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom