What to do with all these silkworms

zoner

Hi everyon

I just got an order of silkworms from Costal Silkworms and my chem isn't really into them. He will eat maybe a couple a week max. He does love the crickets and the mealworms though. Well, my silkworms are growing so fast and I don't know what to do with them. I am also kinda running out of the food I bought when I got them. They are all getting to be around 2-3 inches now.

What should I do with those hundreds of silkworms I have?

I heard that if I stop feeding that they should be ok but then how would they get their hydration from?

Thanks in advance for any informative advises.

I would share with friends but keep some and let them turn to moths. Your chameleon may enjoy eating the moths..... All of my guys love eating silk moths.

I would share with friends but keep some and let them turn to moths. Your chameleon may enjoy eating the moths..... All of my guys love eating silk moths.

but how much more should i keep feeding them? also how do i turn them into moths?

Just keep feeding them. They will start to cocoon at about 28 days. 1.5-2 weeks later the moths come out.

Yes, definitely keep feeding them and put paper towel rolls in for them to cacoon in. They may or may not use them. It's worth seeing if your cham will like the moths. If you are interested in selling some worms, I live in LA and would be happy to have some. My guy loves them! I would only need about 25-30 so you will still have plenty to turn to moths. PM me if you are interested in selling some.

Back
Top Bottom