What to do if?

Dyamedic

My panther dug herself into a hole,to lay eggs.I was unable to find a tunnel she dug,only some dirt that had been kicked up.i freaked a little,as I had a few people warning me of the tunnel collapsed.So I decided to carefully sift through and make sure she was in there.I thought she may have escaped.well I found her buried very deep,with no obvious tunnel.i only exposed a small piece I her back.I then covered her back up.This morning she was on top of the dirt.i only found 1 egg.What should I do?From what I read,she will either go back down to lay the rest,or become egg bound.When is a good time to take her to a vet for x rays if she doesn't go back in the dirt.I understand that you are not supposed to disturb her,but I was scared that the tunnel had collapsed or she had escaped.just need some advice,as I am really upset about this.

I'm sorry to hear about this happening to your female. I never had an issue like this before so I might not be much help. I do recommend getting her soil to the right moisture content asap so if she does decide to go back down and dug again you wont have the same problem of it collapsing.

I would give her some time and privacy to see if she will go back down and lay. If she doesn't have any interest in laying again in a few days I would pull her out and set up a large trash can with 12" of soil/sand as her new home.

Her cage is on top of a large tote with the top soil in it.i will give her a little time,and then I will pull the cage off and put her in the soil with a ventilated top on it.I am still not 100% sure the tunnel had collapsed.The soil was moist and able to hold a tunnel.i just kinda freaked out when I did not see a tunnel I thought she could get through.I hope she goes back down to finish.Just wondering if anyone else had a incident such as this?

Back
Top Bottom