what to do if your panther dose not seem interested in his girl?

Treetop Chameleons

Established Member
my male ambilobe is about 8-9 months old he is the nicest cham i have, the thing is i cant get him to seem interested in my female ambilobe. I'm thinking maby he might be to young or maby he See's that she is not ready to mate. she is only 6-7 months old, i don't know.

I'm not trying to mate them till may but i am trying to get him to at least seem interested in her so i know he will. when i put my vields together they go nuts as soon as they see each other.so I'm just trying to figure out what i might be able to do to get him in the mood.

They can produce eggs and become receptive at around 6 months, depending on amount of food, if they have seen a male, etc. It is advised that you do not breed the chams until she is about 12" or around a year old. This is so "she lasts" because if you breed her too early it can put stress on her body because of calcium. At a year old they really do not grow too much more and their bodies' can support the calcium needed for egg production. Also there are some males that have no interest in females. If your male is 8 or 9 months and didn't go after the female, you could have one of those males.

-chris

ya i don't plan on breeding her till she about a year old. i just looked at her records and she is actually about 8-9 months old, so i probably wont try and breed her till late may early June. the male like i said is the nicest cham i have i ont relay try to take my chams out but when i open his cage he pops out and wants to hang out. my other chams want nothing to do with me lol.

Yeah, just try later when they're both old enough. Sometimes it takes a few times before they go for each other.

What colors did she show in the presence of the male? How did she react to him?

How does he react to her?

By showing one to the other, you may make the female start cycling (producing eggs).

Do you have a suitable place in her cage for her to dig to show you when she is wanting to lay eggs?

Hate to be the spoiler....

There have been males that show No Interest in females before.
I've seen at least two different males offered up by a single established breeder
for sale a holdback pets... not breeders.

That's aside from males "shooting blanks" for a year before being discovered
and outright hostility from some that have attacked a killed a "receptive female".

You can try buying you cham a subscription to playcham and see what happens
or just wait another year to so for him to come out of the closet.

I'm just letting you know... things are sometimes "difficult"
and don't go according to what you think the script is. :)

What colors did she show in the presence of the male? How did she react to him? she stays like alomost a light pink color

How does he react to her? like she is not even there

By showing one to the other, you may make the female start cycling (producing eggs).

Do you have a suitable place in her cage for her to dig to show you when she is wanting to lay eggs?not yet because she is not gravid i weigh her weekly and have noticed no big fluctuation in weight. but when i do i do have tub's for her to lay in that i can have in her cage in a matter of min.

they are both still somewhat young and i think im going to wait a few more month's befor im realy to concerned, i did get him for the reson of breeding so if he wont i dont know what im going to do. he is the coolist cham i have, by that i mean he is the nicest one i have. the other males want nothing to do with me they like to try and bite the hand that feeds them lol...

so for now i think i am just going to chill out with him and just let him enjoy his verginity.

one time i left them alone for a min and when i came back they where not doing the deed but they where cudeling she had her head all tucked up under his chin like they where bf & gf i must say it was kind of funny.

Back
Top Bottom