What to do about food?

daveo

Established Member
It has been a while since I have been in the Chameleon game, and last time I had my little Gregory I kept Dubai Roaches. I really don't want anything I have to dedicate that much space too, and I don't want to spend thousands on food. What do you guys recommend, I am getting a Baby panther. Do I do crickets, Super worms, Horn worms? I know I need a variety, but I am trying to go less effort. Not that I wont put in the effort if my little guy needs it, I am unfortunately inherently lazy!

I do agree. The cheapest variety I use are super worms, (Fed once a week) so they kinda last, Dubai roaches, and crickets. And I gutload with veggies and fruits around the house. And sometimes I use specified bug foods if I'm feeling extra professional. ;)

Roaches are not that much space, just keep a smaller quanity. Thing is crickets need a big tank too, they actually need more room than the roaches to prevent die off. I would go with roaches and supers and silks :).

So, Dubias are low maintenance and they don't climb!? Are they a good staple?
I just throw food and water in. And no they don't climb much just use a plastic container. And yea there better than crickets because they have no exo skeletonbecause and have more nutrients too

Back
Top Bottom