What the heck?

KobaOregonherper

Chameleon Enthusiast
Figured Id fill this out regardless. But if anyone knows off the top of their head what this is and can save me a visit to a Vet who knows less about these animals then I do, that would be AWESOME!

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Furcifer pardalis Ambilobe locale, Male, 9 months old. Hes been in my care for 5 months now.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Once every couple of weeks for about 5 minutes.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Dubias, crickets, horn worms, banana roaches and red runners. Every other day 3 of the roaches. Crickets used once a week 8 of them in replacement of roaches. 1 horn worm once a week as a treat and a fun hand feeder. (All gutloaded with a variety of items on the pamphlet we use)

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Repashys calcium plus dusted every day on all feeders in the morning.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Mistking and hand misting. I have a bio active set up so the humidity is retained. The mistking goes off every 3 hours for 1 minute. Its a nice amount of water and keeps the plants healthy for the chameleon. Yes he drinks just fine. I hand mist when I notice the enclosure is getting too dry due to the nature of an open enclosure.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

Even brown fecal with a nice white urate with a less than 30% orange. He was tested for parasites 4 months ago and hes fine.

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Recently changed from a 18x18x36 zoomed to a dragon strand atrium enclosure. (Moved him out as he got closer to outgrowing the juvenille enclosure)

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Dragon strand Large clearside atrium enclosure

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

Single reflective dome zoomed 60w zoomed basking bulb with a linear arcadia 46" t5 12% HO uvb bulb. Basic 46" linear plant bulb (low heat). Uvb measured with a Solarmeter.

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
I have a temp zone in my enclosure with the high being 84F and the low end being 65F near the plant floor. Lowest over night temp currently due to the heat is 70ish fluctuating. I have mutliple thermometers throughout the cage giving readings at different areas.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Dry side is near 55-65% all the way to 75-85% on the wet side. I have two hygrometers on the side of the cage measuring the two humidity zones. Im using three mistking nozzles to spray the plants on both sides on the lower half and third of the enclosure and another to spray the top of the humid half the enclosure. I have a fogger built into the vivarium wall i built that helps maintain a humidity zone i the right side of the enclosure.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Lots. I have horticultural experience. I wont name them all but they're all safe for chams. (The only maybe are some of the ficuses. Safe for panthers, questionable for veileds or other plant eating species)
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Currently in a controlled section of the garage. Were in the middle of selling the house and i dont trust people near my chameleon while im at work/school while we have showings. (I have arlos all over the area near the enclosure.) But i built a controlled green room in the garage, with propper air flow and heat ranges.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
Portland OR

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I have searched, asked, shown and researched the hell out of what that spot is on him. It almost looks like like a stuck shed or a microscopic burn. Im really not sure. Im setting up a vet appointment as im typing this.

Attachments

• 20190729_203714.jpg
    20190729_203714.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190729_203636.jpg
    20190729_203636.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 110
No.

Why a 12% UVB?

Does that calcium plus have D3 and vitamins? What schedule?

12% because of how I have it hanging the 6% wasnt reaching the uvb numbers I needed. Im aware that 12% is usually too much and understand the concern. Ive measured the entire cage and made sure the solarmeter reads correctly. Yes the calcium plus has vitamins and D3. Figured that was self explanatory. It works a lot better than a seperate d3 and vitamin every two weeks because as long as hes eating I can measure it to the T. And then compensate with seperate vitamin and d3 supplements accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom